Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone hits Empire State Building

....why do people do stupid stuff

"Why".... different people have different perceptions of 'stupid'. Many people, for instance think most others are less intelligent than themselves (well,stupider).
The guy who flew into the ESB probably didn't think HE was at all stupid!

He he.. Great question.

Reactions: SultanGris
NYC Police Say Drone Hits Empire State Building

00d-15-koal-14548-11.jpg

In every town across the country stupid young men crash there cars and sometimes hurt or kill someone. Seldom does that make the national headline. But, with drones, the media is constantly on the lookout for stories about bad drone behavior and every event is broadcast nationally.

So, we have stupid people in all areas but the media tends to focus on hot topics. When a Boeing 737 crashes the media instantly begins to look for every story involving a Boeing 737 and will report about a non functioning bathroom in the same breath as the crash as a way to suggest a pattern of problems.

And so it goes...

Brian

So stupid. He can't dispute what altitude he was flying at either since the drone was recovered from the 35th floor. That's more than 400' up. I'm glad he was arrested.

I'm not sure the 35th floor is more than 400 feet but probably is. Apparently it crashed into the building higher up then fell down to the 35th floor so even if the 35th is above 400 feet where he hit the building almost certainly is.

Once again an idiot does something that reflect badly on us all.

Brian

I'm not sure the 35th floor is more than 400 feet but probably is.
In office buildings, the typical floor to floor height is 12'-6". You'll rarely see less than that. Modern office buildings are 13' to 14' floor to floor.

But yes, like you stated the report is that he hit higher up and fell to the 35th floor. Even if they couldn't prove he hit higher, the simple fact that the drone was recovered on the 35th floor is all the evidence they need that he was not obeying the FAA's recommendations.

And there was zero damage to the building, who cares.

Everyone of us should care as acts like this increase the chance that even more regulations com down the pike. Beyond that, the public is already predisposed against drones and this only makes things worse. When the public is against you the pols enact more regulations.

And by what evidence do you have it that no damage was done?

Brian

Reactions: John Archer
So its OK to fly your quad in the middle of a busy US city just not above 400ft? What do you think caused the crash? Bad piloting, radio interference, high altitude gusts around tall buildings?

In every town across the country stupid young men crash there cars and sometimes hurt or kill someone. Seldom does that make the national headline. But, with drones, the media is constantly on the lookout for stories about bad drone behavior and every event is broadcast nationally.

So, we have stupid people in all areas but the media tends to focus on hot topics. When a Boeing 737 crashes the media instantly begins to look for every story involving a Boeing 737 and will report about a non functioning bathroom in the same breath as the crash as a way to suggest a pattern of problems.

And so it goes...

Brian

call me ehm... fortot the english word... might be pathetic but not sure.
what i wanted to say is that although i do not really belive in cospiracy things i do believe some, if not all events like this are planned and string are being pulled from behind the scenes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what if it missed the 35th floor and fell to the ground? I would NYC is pretty busy at 8 in the evening. and people in NYC are like ants... their all over! and taxi drivers are "KomaKazi" pilots... just saying. (according to the article it hit on the 40th floor and fell to the 35th.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth