Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Night Video Footage Identification Assistance Required!

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm an active Ufologist who regularly gets sent videos of anomalous objects to identify. I've been sent some footage of some unidentified red lights with a glowing rectangle of white/magenta light hovering in the sky. I suspect it may be a drone of some kind but thought I'd ask the experts to help confirm this one way or another. Are any of you able to assist with this? If so please message me directly (Can't post videos direct on here as they are not yet officially public and need to be released with full analysis details). Thanks in advance!

Im guessing it wasn’t alien, because of course, why would aliens visit and broadcast their presence with lights?
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. There are many cases on record of clearly-defined structured objects of either immense size or which performed incredible manouevering capabilities which have either had lights of various kinds on or been completely glowing. If any of these objects seen are alien then it might just be that they don't care whether people observe them or not, or maybe that in some cases lights are required for one reason or another.

However regarding this footage I suspect it's a drone of some kind which is why I've come here for assistance. Would you like to see the video Steve?

Navigation Lights are required under FAA/EASA/CAA/CASA regulations so I'm sure the Extra Terrestrials wouldn't want to fall foul of the aviation authority in whatever country they are visiting so they need to abide by that countries rules.

Reactions: Starz
Navigation Lights are required under FAA/EASA/CAA/CASA regulations so I'm sure the Extra Terrestrials wouldn't want to fall foul of the aviation authority in whatever country they are visiting so they need to abide by that countries rules.
Possibly ? As an editor of this forum I assume you have a good bearing on what drones look like after dark. Would you like to see the footage?

Possibly ? As an editor of this forum I assume you have a good bearing on what drones look like after dark. Would you like to see the footage?
PM me with a Vimeo/YT or Dropbox link of the footage.
I'll take a look

Hi all, I'm an active Ufologist who regularly gets sent videos of anomalous objects to identify. I've been sent some footage of some unidentified red lights with a glowing rectangle of white/magenta light hovering in the sky. I suspect it may be a drone of some kind but thought I'd ask the experts to help confirm this one way or another. Are any of you able to assist with this? If so please message me directly (Can't post videos direct on here as they are not yet officially public and need to be released with full analysis details). Thanks in advance!
So glad to hear drones are the new UFOs.
It’s a much more rational explanation

So glad to hear drones are the new UFOs.
It’s a much more rational explanation
UFO literally means it's an object, its flying and its unidentified. Once it gets identified it's an IFO. I'm hoping someone can see this footage and categorically confirm that for me. Would you like to see it Jim?

UFO literally means it's an object, its flying and its unidentified. Once it gets identified it's an IFO. I'm hoping someone can see this footage and categorically confirm that for me. Would you like to see it Jim?
Yes I would. What I really mean is that it seems now lights in the sky == drone instead of alien spaceship.
Personally I go with UFO meaning you really don't know what it is.

Yes I would. What I really mean is that it seems now lights in the sky == drone instead of alien spaceship.
Oh not at all, it's just this video has some characteristics that seem to fit, hence my reason for posting on this particular forum. I have a basic understanding of how drones normally look and sound but I don't own one. About to message you the vid links.

Im guessing it wasn’t alien, because of course, why would aliens visit and broadcast their presence with lights?
Good point. I never understood the fascination with nav lights by the ETs. Of course I also never understood why they chose to land in the backyard of some Arkansas hillbilly rather than the Washington Monument. Or why, after flying for light years and dodging asteroids, black holes and gamma rays, the little grey dudes suddenly forget how to fly and crash all over the place. Do they send their worst pilots?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I have personally observed together with 2 more friends an unknown aerial phenomenon that was an object with shape of coffe coup filled with lights with many colors almost like a party light show, all those lights where looking like they are inside this flying object. This object was hoovering for some time at around 100-200 meters altitude then very rapidly was changing it's position and again keep hoovering, that was going on for about an hour. It was less than 1km distance from us and it was big as a one story house so it was very easy and clear to see it. The way it was moving and it's speed was nothing to compare with our modern aviation technologies atleast with what we the public know about. When we saw it it was so unusual experience that we've got goose bumps, it was definitelly a scarry thing because of the unknown but we kept our position and observe it until it disappeared like a switch off in the mid air, not fly away.

On other hand a few years later I was involved in executing a UFO prank by using RC Heli with light wires installed on it. At that time the multirotor drones where not so popular in the public as they are today, it was 2010. After the prank when we spoke with the ufologist that we have pranked, he was convinced that this is a ufo and it was a technology that doesn't exist on the earth. At the same time that technology was sitting in the trunk of my car :D

Human mind is very subjective and one can see what he believe in rather than what it actually is, I understand that. Anyway I still believe that what I've observed with my friends was a real one because of the speed it had, it was moving from position to position with super sonic speed but without emitting any sound and there where no inertia when it was reaching it's new hoovering position, it was simply locked in place.

I could take a look as well if you pm me the link.

I have personally observed together with 2 more friends an unknown aerial phenomenon that was an object with shape of coffe coup filled with lights with many colors almost like a party light show, all those lights where looking like they are inside this flying object. This object was hoovering for some time at around 100-200 meters altitude then very rapidly was changing it's position and again keep hoovering, that was going on for about an hour. It was less than 1km distance from us and it was big as a one story house so it was very easy and clear to see it. The way it was moving and it's speed was nothing to compare with our modern aviation technologies atleast with what we the public know about. When we saw it it was so unusual experience that we've got goose bumps, it was definitelly a scarry thing because of the unknown but we kept our position and observe it until it disappeared like a switch off in the mid air, not fly away.

On other hand a few years later I was involved in executing a UFO prank by using RC Heli with light wires installed on it. At that time the multirotor drones where not so popular in the public as they are today, it was 2010. After the prank when we spoke with the ufologist that we have pranked, he was convinced that this is a ufo and it was a technology that doesn't exist on the earth. At the same time that technology was sitting in the trunk of my car :D

Human mind is very subjective and one can see what he believe in rather than what it actually is, I understand that. Anyway I still believe that what I've observed with my friends was a real one because of the speed it had, it was moving from position to position with super sonic speed but without emitting any sound and there where no inertia when it was reaching it's new hoovering position, it was simply locked in place.

I could take a look as well if you pm me the link.
Hi Niki, sent you the video to look at.

Good point. I never understood the fascination with nav lights by the ETs. Of course I also never understood why they chose to land in the backyard of some Arkansas hillbilly rather than the Washington Monument. Or why, after flying for light years and dodging asteroids, black holes and gamma rays, the little grey dudes suddenly forget how to fly and crash all over the place. Do they send their worst pilots?

View attachment 29339
There's a number of cliches and stereotypes in your response, all have which have logical explanations. Not trying to convince you of anything, but thought I'd fill you in, take from this what you want. With my response I'm going to go with the idea that some objects seen are actually alien in origin (most are misidentification of mundane things). Asking why the aliens would put lights on their craft is trying to humanize something not human. It's possible that in some instances they don't care whether they are observed or not. Maybe they know that there would be mixed reactions by anyone who saw them and anyone else these witnesses informed - some would believe, some would dismiss it. Maybe the lights serve some kind of purpose and they need them active at certain times, not others. Maybe some types of craft work differently to others, which is why many don't have any lights on them.

As for your comment on where they're landing, UFOs are seen and reported everywhere around the world all the time by a wide variety of witnesses, not just by "Arkansas hillbillies". For example, I've investigated literally hundreds of cases over the years. The majority of these have been from the UK (both rural and urban areas). I've looked into cases as far away as Australia, but never had any in from Arkansas. The portrayal of UFOs only being witnessed by hillbillies is a ridiculous notion and one which has been actively spread by the media, who often take a sceptical viewpoint to the subject rather than looking at the actual facts. There is also a lot of evidence to suggest that they don't want to fully announce their presence to the human race, at least at present. Which is why they haven't landed on the Washington monument. However there have been numerous incredible incidents which have occured over heavily populated areas, such as the Phoenix Lights in March 1997.

Regarding space flight, we don't know how they're getting here or even whether they're truly from off world. There's evidence in certain cases that suggests extra-terresitrial origin sure, but they might instead be from a different dimension. Or from the future. Or have always lived here. If they are from off world they may be travelling using advanced technology we aren't yet aware of and instantly teleporting here rather than having to phsysically fly here across space. As for them crashing everywhere, this is a misconception. There are not really that many UFO crash cases on record when looking at an entire century of incidents. Many of those on record involve craft being shot down by our armed forces or being brought down by adverse weather conditions rather than just crashing due to bad piloting. Even if these beings are advanced by our standards they are still fallible, and could still be affected by physical conditions around them. They'd also probably be prone to mistakes just like humans are.

I don't mind if you take any of this in or not, I was only here to try and identify the video footage, which could well be a drone. I may know a lot about the UFO subject but I don't own a drone so I figured I'd come and ask people who do. So getting back to that, would you like to see the footage?

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma
PM'd you the video link and information Jim

There's a number of cliches and stereotypes in your response, all have which have logical explanations. Not trying to convince you of anything, but thought I'd fill you in, take from this what you want. With my response I'm going to go with the idea that some objects seen are actually alien in origin (most are misidentification of mundane things). Asking why the aliens would put lights on their craft is trying to humanize something not human. It's possible that in some instances they don't care whether they are observed or not. Maybe they know that there would be mixed reactions by anyone who saw them and anyone else these witnesses informed - some would believe, some would dismiss it. Maybe the lights serve some kind of purpose and they need them active at certain times, not others. Maybe some types of craft work differently to others, which is why many don't have any lights on them.

As for your comment on where they're landing, UFOs are seen and reported everywhere around the world all the time by a wide variety of witnesses, not just by "Arkansas hillbillies". For example, I've investigated literally hundreds of cases over the years. The majority of these have been from the UK (both rural and urban areas). I've looked into cases as far away as Australia, but never had any in from Arkansas. The portrayal of UFOs only being witnessed by hillbillies is a ridiculous notion and one which has been actively spread by the media, who often take a sceptical viewpoint to the subject rather than looking at the actual facts. There is also a lot of evidence to suggest that they don't want to fully announce their presence to the human race, at least at present. Which is why they haven't landed on the Washington monument. However there have been numerous incredible incidents which have occured over heavily populated areas, such as the Phoenix Lights in March 1997.

Regarding space flight, we don't know how they're getting here or even whether they're truly from off world. There's evidence in certain cases that suggests extra-terresitrial origin sure, but they might instead be from a different dimension. Or from the future. Or have always lived here. If they are from off world they may be travelling using advanced technology we aren't yet aware of and instantly teleporting here rather than having to phsysically fly here across space. As for them crashing everywhere, this is a misconception. There are not really that many UFO crash cases on record when looking at an entire century of incidents. Many of those on record involve craft being shot down by our armed forces or being brought down by adverse weather conditions rather than just crashing due to bad piloting. Even if these beings are advanced by our standards they are still fallible, and could still be affected by physical conditions around them. They'd also probably be prone to mistakes just like humans are.

I don't mind if you take any of this in or not, I was only here to try and identify the video footage, which could well be a drone. I may know a lot about the UFO subject but I don't own a drone so I figured I'd come and ask people who do. So getting back to that, would you like to see the footage?

Are you an investigator or a "believer" Your response makes me think the latter, so I'll stop here.

PS- If you ever get the video of Eisenhower shaking hands with the ETs at Holloman AFB in 1954, let me know. I'd pay to watch that one.

Reactions: niki
I've often wondered with all the cameras/phones people carry with them constantly that are now capable of half decent image taking, why every single posted "UFO" sighting looks like the footage was shot on a potato by someone with Parkinson's Disease.

Does no UHD/4k footage exist of these anomalies?

Reactions: niki and _juju_
I've often wondered with all the cameras/phones people carry with them constantly that are now capable of half decent image taking, why every single posted "UFO" sighting looks like the footage was shot on a potato by someone with Parkinson's Disease.

Does no UHD/4k footage exist of these anomalies?
This is because it will be much easier to see that those videos are not real or faked :)
A knowledgeable person doesn't need a video to proove himself the earth is round.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44