Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Show UK - 5th to 6th December 2015 Birmingham NEC

Visited the UK Drone Show today but I was very disappointed. Met some people to put faces to names, like @The Editor and spent just £12 on a gimbal lock. Good short talk by the BALPA, airline pilots organisation. Very interesting demographics with older men in the majority - probably reliving their lost youth and love of gadgets. Left after 3 hours for long trip home.

Visited the UK Drone Show today but I was very disappointed. Met some people to put faces to names, like @The Editor and spent just £12 on a gimbal lock. Good short talk by the BALPA, airline pilots organisation. Very interesting demographics with older men in the majority - probably reliving their lost youth and love of gadgets. Left after 3 hours for long trip home.
Yup, good to meet you (and the boss Mrs Scoftflieger :p) today.
Can't help but say thought the show disappointing. I think it's going to take a year or so to get up to speed.
Had a good meander around later on and earwigged on a few conversations...... There's an awful lot of misinformation out there like where you can and can't fly. It's quite frightening really!
@Irwskyfilms - Mark, good to meet you and thanks for the coffee. :)

Yup, good to meet you (and the boss Mrs Scoftflieger :p) today.
Can't help but say thought the show disappointing. I think it's going to take a year or so to get up to speed.
Had a good meander around later on and earwigged on a few conversations...... There's an awful lot of misinformation out there like where you can and can't fly. It's quite frightening really!
@Irwskyfilms - Mark, good to meet you and thanks for the coffee. :)
Likewise Mark, as small and limited as it was, to was good to catch up yourself, previous trainers, old forum friends and seeing some rather nice bits of kit. Just wish there was more it. Cheers Mark

A brief visit with some friends but would concur it was disappointing. Fingers crossed for next year, I'd suggest we get a few suggestions together.

Also no cheap sticks!! (Osmo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed - not enough stands to wave a stick at. :p

I think the clothes show next door would have held my attention more!

Reactions: AndrewH
Funny you should say that I did visit and had a little drink with a few girls with mates!! I'm saying no more but no stick involved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha.....well I will say the 'scenery' was a lot nicer watching the crowd going in and out of there than the Drone Show!:p

I schlepped up there from London yesterday, wouldn't bother going again.

Folks using fatsharks as a fashion accessory and stalls selling ***ty cheapo RC toys or Phantom/Inspire accessories which could be had for a lot less money with a google search pretty much said it all for me.

On the up side, did like the inspire flight crates by the door and managed to have a useful conversation with the hiscox insurance broker.

Reactions: AndrewH
Been trying everywhere in the UK to source a gimbal lock Scotflieger, do you have details can I buy one online? Thanks for your help.

Hi All, just wanted to say hi as I just joint the forum.
I'm one of the organisers of the UK Drone Show and I just wanted to pick up on some of your thoughts.
The show will be a lot larger next year as we already seeing a huge interest for exhibitors. Apologies to some who thought the show was to small last year. I can only say in an ideal world this would of not been the case. First show's are always a risk and always have limited interest from exhibitors, however after some amazing exhibitor and 90% of ticket buyers feedback all is now set for 2016 to the even better and certainly bigger with more products etc on show.

The show will be on the 3rd and 4th December and its the same weekend as the Clothes show again, which I can see is a popular comment.)
I would welcome all of your feedback for how you see improvements happening. If you have any unique ideas and want to mention then please feel free as we are always open to suggestions ,we want to please all! Maybe an inspire section!
Apologies for the parking but this is an NEC charge and is nothing to do with us. If you work it out hourly its no more than parking in most city centers now days.
I hope you welcome this post and me to the forum as I'm a very keen Inspire user myself (when i get time and not raining).

Also just to mention the UK Drone show will be hosting its summer show at the Farnborough International airshow in July. We have lots going on so please come along if you can.

Farnborough International Airshow Public 2016 - THE DRONE SHOW LANDS AT FARNBOROUGH INTERNATIONAL AIRSHOW 2016

Please let me know any thoughts and have a great 2016! (Hopefully we will see the Inspire 2 very soon)

All the best

Oliver

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669