Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dronebase “Good Bye”

Reaction score
After all the effort to sign up and the test mission I thought this would be a good possibility. After waiting 4 weeks for my first mission it finally was posted. Well it was assigned to another pilot within seconds. After seeing this happen for many more missions I finely landed my first mission. Driving well over an hour I was successful and completed it with payment. I had More missions missed within seconds of being posted. This has been nothing but pure aggression. After the new standards of missions and the need to provide another test mission I say goodbye. $60 is chicken feed when I consider my investment and time to get my 107. I think If there wasn’t so much of a competitive situation and pilots stand up for higher compensation things would be much better. Shame on you if $60 is fair money. I can double that without all the BS

Reactions: wilson748
After all the effort to sign up and the test mission I thought this would be a good possibility. After waiting 4 weeks for my first mission it finally was posted. Well it was assigned to another pilot within seconds. After seeing this happen for many more missions I finely landed my first mission. Driving well over an hour I was successful and completed it with payment. I had More missions missed within seconds of being posted. This has been nothing but pure aggression. After the new standards of missions and the need to provide another test mission I say goodbye. $60 is chicken feed when I consider my investment and time to get my 107. I think If there wasn’t so much of a competitive situation and pilots stand up for higher compensation things would be much better. Shame on you if $60 is fair money. I can double that without all the BS
Is this just a moan in general or is there a point to your thread?

There are many 'warning signs' already on the forum.....
Can't collect dronebase payment
I'm done with Dronebase
Anyone using Dronebase?
Looks like Dronebase has STOPPED paying...

$60 per 'mission should be your 1st clue.

It's a bit like minimum wage in the US. People take a minimum wage job, then complain about how little they're paid.

Reactions: dkotinsky
I went though about half of the training. After the course lessons reset them selfs
I decided to bail. 60 bucks to do a drone flight and ground photos after driving? Nah I don't think so. This is one of the things driving the cost of drone operation cost down. Screw these guys. I am sure they will be able to find plenty of people but I think that I will take a pass.

Reactions: Jim Weist
Bad example.. :( While a lot of people with minimum (or near) minimum wage jobs did have a choice but chose badly, there are many that did not have a good choice to begin with.

Let's say it's more like people that buy a house near a long established airport, then complain about the noise after they move in.

Luckily, we are in a rural area with not much competition. We don't do anything for under $75 and most of the time it's $200-$300. Granted it might be an hour away, but DroneBase has been good to us and always paid the agreed amount. We haggle and they up the price. They have given us quite a bit of work, maybe because we are remote and get *hit done. We don't mind the training, it just makes you better for your next client... You won't get rich working for DroneBase, but every flight makes you better and smarter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu