Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dronelink

We have worked very hard to create Dronelink with a platform-agnostic architecture and code base, and our goal is to minimize any differences you might encounter between each flavor of the native app. Having said that, the consideration for mobile devices is less about OS, and more about hardware capability. The reality is that there are many more lower-end Android tablets / phones on the market, and they worse the hardware, the less optimal your experience will be. We recommending buying the best hardware you can afford if you want to see the best results from Dronelink.
Couldn't agree more on the hardware aspect and the quality of hardware. I've had that discussion numerous times... similar priced / quality ipad pro vs android (tab s4) will provide similar performance. Problem is many that buy a Android, target focus on price and purchase an inferior low grade product... thus poor performance results.

That said, I generally feel the Android OS has more depth OS... ie: more Unix like stability & features and iOS constrains the OS side to Apple regimen. Does that provide any additional flexibility to one or other... or basically not an issue, attempting to keep both flavors equal?

Does that provide any additional flexibility to one or other... or basically not an issue, attempting to keep both flavors equal?
We are trying to keep the app the same across all platforms so we tend to shy away from using platform specific features (things like force touch on iOS).

Here is a sneak peek of our facade scan testing. We are using existing component types (Path and Orbit) to prove it out, and then we will release a Facade component type when feel like the requirements are locked down. Click here to see the mission plan for this preview:

image (1).png

We are excited to announce that Dronelink is now free for individuals that want to fly missions for non-commercial purposes. This includes recreational and educational users, and even professionals that are looking to test Dronelink before making a commitment.

Our long-term mission has always been to make Dronelink available to as many people as possible, and we are grateful that the incredible demand for the pro, team, and enterprise plans is allowing us to make our product available to you at no cost. We believe that using automation is the first step toward flying commercial missions, but if you just want to have fun with it (and maybe help us test new features along the way), enjoy!

For those of you who already paid for a Pro account and are not flying commercially, contact support and we will happily give you a refund.

We are excited to announce that Dronelink is now free for individuals that want to fly missions for non-commercial purposes. This includes recreational and educational users, and even professionals that are looking to test Dronelink before making a commitment.

Our long-term mission has always been to make Dronelink available to as many people as possible, and we are grateful that the incredible demand for the pro, team, and enterprise plans is allowing us to make our product available to you at no cost. We believe that using automation is the first step toward flying commercial missions, but if you just want to have fun with it (and maybe help us test new features along the way), enjoy!

For those of you who already paid for a Pro account and are not flying commercially, contact support and we will happily give you a refund.
WONDERFUL NEWS. BRAVO !!

I received the E-Mail and applaud you for this decision. The problem is that I already had a Pro account from the Beta test and there seems to be no option to move to the free plan, even though I am not subscribed at the moment.

Also it does not explain what the difference is between a commercial mission and a non-commercial mission. Yes logistically I know the difference in terms of intent. However technically on the platform are there any functional differences?

The problem is that I already had a Pro account from the Beta test and there seems to be no option to move to the free plan, even though I am not subscribed at the moment.
Will release a feature soon to clean this up. For now it shouldn't matter. It will still let you fly missions.

Also it does not explain what the difference is between a commercial mission and a non-commercial mission. Yes logistically I know the difference in terms of intent. However technically on the platform are there any functional differences?
Commercial means you are being paid to fly. There is no functional difference between the free and pro plans.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim

Hello Jim,

I am a long-time user of Autopilot Pro and Map Pilot Business. I am presently looking for a new mapping solution, as I am dissatisfied with Map Pilot. One of my stringent criterion is that automation software must be terrain-aware. Is Dronelink terrain aware? If so, I would be interested in testing and perhaps purchasing it.

Regards,

Donnie

Thank you all for your continued interest in Dronelink! We would like the community to know that we appreciate the time and effort you put in to learning our product and hope you find it valuable.

Having said that, transparency is one of our core values, and we think you should know that we will be limiting our community involvement on this forum (and others like it) for the next few months. As you may already know, Dronelink is a small startup with limited resources and we are currently directing all our efforts to supporting our enterprise clients that are making use of the Dronelink SDK.

The Dronelink SDK is an industry-first, flight automation toolkit that we are proud to announce has many open source components under the MIT license! Dedication to open source is another one of our core values, and we are hopeful that it will lead to many great collaborations to extend the functionality of the Dronelink flight controller (in particular porting the DJI adapters to support other hardware manufacturers). If you have a software development background and are interested in contributing, let our dev team know at [email protected]!

In the meantime if you need help or support, we recommending using the many available channels on our website such as the FAQs, tutorials, and the Dronelink forums. Email support is also available for those of you that have paid for Pro and Team plans.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool