Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual control answer from DJI, Is this true????

Reaction score
NO WHERE I looked on any official DJI site could I find any reference to the 3 different iterations of the inspire controllers.
I guess this post is more of an FYI post but I was unable to find any answer to my question anywhere. Just thought I would share. The English usage in the answer is rather slapdash so I dont really know if they understood my question.

I wrote to DJI support ...

Subject: Dual controller compatibility
Message: There are 3 different remote controller numbers GL658 A, B and C. My Inspire 1 came with a “C” remote and I would like to get a second one to do filming. QUESTION: Can I buy a second remote with a different letter and will it work? Will a “C” work with a “B”? Or must they both be the same letter?

Their answer...

Noelle (Support)
11月8日 CST08:51
Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We understand that you are having a concern regarding your unit. No worries we are here to assist you.

With regard to your question, you cannot use a "C" in "B" remote controller as they have a different firmware. They must both be with the same letter.

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to email us.
Best Regards,
Noelle
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: DJI Support

Thats it, take it for what it is worth...

Well there you go. As I thought my question did not translate either to them or back to me.
I wish I had your offer a couple of days ago. I already picked one up. Its all about right place and right time isn't it. :)
Maybe this thread will help someone else. Thanks

Reactions: Donnie Frank
NO WHERE I looked on any official DJI site could I find any reference to the 3 different iterations of the inspire controllers.
I guess this post is more of an FYI post but I was unable to find any answer to my question anywhere. Just thought I would share. The English usage in the answer is rather slapdash so I dont really know if they understood my question.

I wrote to DJI support ...

Subject: Dual controller compatibility
Message: There are 3 different remote controller numbers GL658 A, B and C. My Inspire 1 came with a “C” remote and I would like to get a second one to do filming. QUESTION: Can I buy a second remote with a different letter and will it work? Will a “C” work with a “B”? Or must they both be the same letter?

Their answer...

Noelle (Support)
11月8日 CST08:51
Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We understand that you are having a concern regarding your unit. No worries we are here to assist you.

With regard to your question, you cannot use a "C" in "B" remote controller as they have a different firmware. They must both be with the same letter.

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to email us.
Best Regards,
Noelle
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: DJI Support

Thats it, take it for what it is worth...
No - this is utter garbage/rubbish.

As Trugreen rightly points out above, any combination is fine providing their firmware is the same.

I’m afraid this is yet another example of the DJI ‘tech support’ not knowing what they are talking about and totally clueless on their product line.
I’m surprised they didn’t say ‘Do a compass calibration and then send it in’

How they consistently give out bad/erroneous/poor advice is quite staggering.

Their call centre ‘Help Line’ is even worse and simply reads off a script.

I use 3 controllers a lot, depending on the complexity of the shoot. (2) of the controllers have the same numbers.
Pilot controller------658A
Camera 1--------------658C
Camera 2--------------658C
Everything works fine, All I pads are ISO 9.7 pro's 64 g dedicated only to the drones, nothing else. I hope this helps

IMG_0426.JPG, see attachment

Last edited:
Reactions: ACDS
I use 3 controllers a lot, depending on the complexity of the shoot. (2) of the controllers have the same numbers.
Pilot controller------658A
Camera 1--------------658C
Camera 2--------------658C
Everything works fine, All I pads are ISO 9.7 pro's 64 g dedicated only to the drones, nothing else. I hope this helps

View attachment 22930, see attachment
I wasn't aware that three controllers could be used. Curious to how you divide up the work. Is one for a director to just view?

Reactions: Brent Newman
No - this is utter garbage/rubbish.

As Trugreen rightly points out above, any combination is fine providing their firmware is the same.

I’m afraid this is yet another example of the DJI ‘tech support’ not knowing what they are talking about and totally clueless on their product line.
I’m surprised they didn’t say ‘Do a compass calibration and then send it in’

How they consistently give out bad/erroneous/poor advice is quite staggering.

Their call centre ‘Help Line’ is even worse and simply reads off a script.

You can say that again. Sometimes I utilize their chat support for entertainment purposes only.

You can run up to 6 controllers at any one time, DJI also promotes that fact. I've had 4 controllers hooked up at one time.

The #1controller for the pilot, #2 is for the camera gimble operator, #3 is also for the camera operator this controller can only adjust ISO the F-stop and EV. The #4 controller for is for the client/customer. #4 would also be hooked up to a monitor.

It is a lot of work to get it set up, but easy to do. I would like to set up a 6 controller system, just to try it out, but I don't have enough controllers or Ipad pro's Too much $$$$

You can run up to 6 controllers at any one time, DJI also promotes that fact. I've had 4 controllers hooked up at one time.

The #1controller for the pilot, #2 is for the camera gimble operator, #3 is also for the camera operator this controller can only adjust ISO the F-stop and EV. The #4 controller for is for the client/customer. #4 would also be hooked up to a monitor.

It is a lot of work to get it set up, but easy to do. I would like to set up a 6 controller system, just to try it out, but I don't have enough controllers or Ipad pro's Too much $$$$

Because the controllers aren't just receiving signal (like a radio or television), but are in two-way communication with the bird and other controllers, do you notice any kind of performance anomalies with the 4-controller setup?

I only use Ipad pros 9.7 inch 124s they are processing a lot of information back and forth, Yes I do get some Glitching, but not too severe. as long as we keep the drone close in, 12 to 1500 feet seems to be the max dist. Keeping the controllers separated 5 to 8 feet of separation seems to work best. I had one of my units running 3 controllers out on site just last Saturday with my meet up group here in El Paso TX no issues what so ever. I also let a couple of people fly it, I let one of our new members fly it but, I had it in coach mode for that flight, only because she was a brand new pilot.

Here is a real short video getting set up to do a job
Getting set up and ready for a commercial Shoot here in El Paso, only using 3 controllers at this job site, because the project manager was on site and wanted to observe, so I set up the 3rd controller so he could watch the monitor so he would not be looking over my shoulder.

Reactions: ACDS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo