Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual Control Setups - How are you operating?

Reaction score
So, I'm very curious how the rest of the world is doing dual operator control. Currently we are flying with the Master remote using iPad mini 3, and slave connected via HDMI to 7" field monitor and mounted on top of a heavy duty light stand. The 7" monitor with a Sony NP-F battery is just too bulky to mount on the remote. I'm wondering if anyone has a better idea... you know... besides spending a BRAZILLIAN dollars on FPV goggles.

I use two controllers so I usually use two iPads. I have a set of cinemizers but I only use them when I am alone. When I have a lot of people around I have a 21inch TV I got at walmart for cheap that I just hook up to a power inverter and set it up in the trunk or on our table.

Reactions: jesmo5
Pilot Black. Camera White... Some times we use the HDMI as well....

Attachments

• IMG_1063.JPG
    IMG_1063.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: jesmo5
I use two controllers so I usually use two iPads. I have a set of cinemizers but I only use them when I am alone. When I have a lot of people around I have a 21inch TV I got at walmart for cheap that I just hook up to a power inverter and set it up in the trunk or on our table.

Which power inverter do you use? Can you charge batteries at the same time?

You know.. I do have an inverter mounted in the truck. It didn't occur to me to put a large monitor in there.

We tried doing the dual ipad thing, but the glare is just horrid. It really causes problems out in the open. If you put a sun shield (visor) on it, it is still pointed up to the sky while mounted on the remote. If we put a LCD monitor on a heavy light stand, then A) there is no glare, because the surface is matte, and B) the surface is facing the operator, not the sky, which eliminates most reflections. It's just a bit of a pain to carry around.

Has anyone else thought of a way to mount a field monitor that is more portable?

Pilot iPad mini 2. Camera, iPad mini 2 and Atomos Ninja Blade.
I'm curious... how reflective is the surface of the Atomos Ninja Blade? That's one of those things I could justify buying for other production purposes.

Utilize FPV fatshark dominator V3 for photographer on slave TX via the HDMI cable. That way she can sit in the air conditioned vehicle in comfort while talking me thru the speaker phone on the car audio system. The remotes are marked with color coded remote sticks. Red Pilot, Blue photographer. Pilot remote TX utilizing iPad mini with sunshade and opaque tape on screen to reduce glare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry