Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual Controllers

Reaction score
Pardon me for being such a newbie in the Inspire 1 world. I am looking at purchasing an Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 camera but the store I am looking at, has the Inspire coming with only one controller. Do I just purchase a second similar controller and make it a slave? Or is it a special "dual" controller? Thank you!

nope, just purchase any ole' used or new Inspire 1 RC and set it to slave, have the master RC allow gimbal control to it and you are set.

I have a slave connected and we've never used it. The other brain always screws up, lol Just practice you operating skills and you will be much happier!! JMO

Reactions: Bret
Use caution, should you decide to acquire a second radio controller. I believe the firmware on the second slave controller should closely match that which is loaded on the Master should you not want to upgrade to a newer version on both radios. I also believe you may only be permitted to drop back (1) firmware version on either radio to match them. POI, Some folks simply don't wish to update to the latest firmware for fear of various flight restrictions and such, and so is why matching the secondary Slave radio firmware to the Master is an important concern.
I had found a previously owned and modified controller with a long distance DBS antenna and a secondary 5.8 Ghz antenna as shown, and have not found any interference video or otherwise when controlling the camera with the secondary radio controller.
Hope this info. helps.

Attachments

• CIMG5940.JPG
    CIMG5940.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CIMG5941.JPG
    CIMG5941.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics