Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

dual remote question

Reaction score
when the second remote is powered up and everything looks normal on the screen ie ready to fly etc,i noticed that slave unit has blue led lit up as compared to the master which is green is this normal?
thanks

Yup, that's as it should be. A simple way to detect which one is which!

thanks guys ,i had a heck of a time to configure the slave and i also labelled it,one more question ---on the slave would you buy a ipad air 2 16 gig or 64gig ,i already have the ipad air 64 on the master
would be nice to save a few bucks

thanks guys ,i had a heck of a time to configure the slave and i also labelled it,one more question ---on the slave would you buy a ipad air 2 16 gig or 64gig ,i already have the ipad air 64 on the master

If you are just using it for the second remote why would you need the 64GB version. No performance increase over the 16gb. Get the 16GB. The air 2 will have better performance than the Air 1 you already have.

on the slave would you buy a ipad air 2 16 gig or 64gig ,i already have the ipad air 64 on the master
The main reason for memory on the iPad is for caching the map data for when you are flying away from wifi internet coverage. While it may seem sensible to save money on the slave iPad, it is for the video operator, you may at some time need it to work on the master RC. I would go for the maximum memory you can afford. I have a 32GB iPad Mini 2 as my 'slave' display or is it for the 'master' with the bigger screened iPad Air 2 for the 'slave' video operator?

The main reason for memory on the iPad is for caching the map data for when you are flying away from wifi internet coverage. While it may seem sensible to save money on the slave iPad, it is for the video operator, you may at some time need it to work on the master RC. I would go for the maximum memory you can afford. I have a 32GB iPad Mini 2 as my 'slave' display or is it for the 'master' with the bigger screened iPad Air 2 for the 'slave' video operator?

Hahaha. How much data you think it caches to load a map? Even if it was 100 mb's which its not..... you are way good on internal storage!

some corrections ,I have a 64 gig ipad air A7 on the master RC and my question is should i get the Ipad air A7 64 gig or 16gig for the slave RC ,ipad names are funny the A7 is what we are all looking for there is about 200.00 diff
Thanks

some corrections ,I have a 64 gig ipad air A7 on the master RC and my question is should i get the Ipad air A7 64 gig or 16gig for the slave RC ,ipad names are funny the A7 is what we are all looking for there is about 200.00 diff
Thanks

I would say if you are only using it for the slave remote for a camera operator just get the 16Gb. If you are going to use it for other things as well get the 64GB. They will perform identically using the pilot app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop