Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Editing Software for Inspire Video

Reaction score
Hi All
Can anyone advise the easiest and possibly the best editing software to use for their video
How about Final Cut Pro x, I heard was pretty good?
Interested was most of you use, I use a Apple Mac

My work computer is a Retina MBP, but my employer is more or less an Adobe shop... so I have a company-paid Creative Cloud subscription to all of their software -- so I use Premiere Pro. Plus my gaming rig is Windows-based and has a much faster processor and more memory, so I have Premiere installed there too. If it weren't for that, I'd probably use FCPX. I tend to find Apple software easier to use.

Of course, my take doesn't really matter. I'm more of a Photoshop/Illustrator guy anyway... I'm pretty darn novice when it comes to video. LOL

Hi All
Can anyone advise the easiest and possibly the best editing software to use for their video
How about Final Cut Pro x, I heard was pretty good?
Interested was most of you use, I use a Apple Mac

"Easiest" and "best editing software" are not synonymous. In fact, I'd say it's an oxymoron. What exactly do you plan/need/want to do? Based on your question, one can only presume you do this as a hobby. In that case, Adobe Premiere and FinalCut would be more than you need.

I suggest you Google "video editing software" and do some research of your own. Then you'll be better prepared to make an informed decision of your own (based on your needs), rather than listening to the opinions of others (based on their needs).

Reactions: sirnikolas
FCP seems the way to go if you have a MAC, I've got a WIN 8 PC and I use Adobe Premiere elements it'll will work on either OS that's why I chose it, in case I go to the dark side. :D

Reactions: Highrpm955

One can imagine that by the time everything has been shaved off that makes Resolve Resolve and you're back down to low end software. FinalCut, Premiere, SpeedGrade, etc., have come along way recently. And with the advent of Adobe's upgrade to Premiere with the Lumetri panel, they just raised the bar another few notches.

Check this out, originally posted by InterMurph: http://nofilmschool.com/2015/04/premiere-pro-massive-color-upgrades-recent-adobe-announcement

Reactions: dcbrewer
$19 a month for the top-of-line Resolve set-up? o_O I presume you're excluding all the hardware. The full system is at $30,000!

Premiere Pro CC only. Apple MacBook Pro excluded but all that's needed for performant 4K editing with Inspire footage (with 1080p sequence settings for fast editing).

Premiere Pro CC only. Apple MacBook Pro excluded but all that's needed for performant 4K editing with Inspire footage (with 1080p sequence settings for fast editing).

I tend to shy away from Adobe CC due to SaaS model. Though attractive there are the occasional downtime when either their network or systems is down. I'd rather have something tangible than a cloud model.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips