Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

EXIF Altitude Data is incorrect

Reaction score
Website
www.inskyaerialservices.com
My EXTIF altitude data is incorrect on all my DJI cameras, X3, X5 and XT. My recent flights were off by 200'.

Are others experiencing this issue?

My IMU and compass are calibrated. I am using AC firmware 01.09.01.30 and current FW on the transmitter and go app.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you

How is your 200' delta derived? Are you expecting altitude ASL or AGL? Which AC are you using? Are you using GCPs?
Hi Jay,

Hi Jay,

I was using my I1V2 with an X5 flying at 124' AGL set point. I flew six autonomous missions using the map pilot app. I was flying in a "training area" i frequently use. No GPCs used.

In post i reviewed the exif and saw the errors. I reviewed the flight data in healthy drones to see the altitude only fluctuated ~ 4' from my set point.

I see you fly an i1pro as well. Do have these issues?

Ed

Hi Jay,

Hi Jay,

I was using my I1V2 with an X5 flying at 124' AGL set point. I flew six autonomous missions using the map pilot app. I was flying in a "training area" i frequently use. No GPCs used.

In post i reviewed the exif and saw the errors. I reviewed the flight data in healthy drones to see the altitude only fluctuated ~ 4' from my set point.

I see you fly an i1pro as well. Do have these issues?

Ed
DJI has known issues passing altitude data because they use barometers for altitude. It would be interesting to use an X3 camera since it is recognized by many mapping capture programs because it eliminates the lens variable. Trying this approach first may change your delta and narrow down the potential issue.
Your altitude issues are the reason I did NOT go for the I2 and went down the >$ path of an M600P w/ D-RTK for "serious" accuracy. My primary clients are surveyors and mining operations that are looking for highest reasonable accuracy/$. I still use my P3P and Inspire fitted with the X3 for less stringent accuracy. I do not use my X5 camera for mapping capture.

DJI has known issues passing altitude data because they use barometers for altitude. It would be interesting to use an X3 camera since it is recognized by many mapping capture programs because it eliminates the lens variable. Trying this approach first may change your delta and narrow down the potential issue.
Your altitude issues are the reason I did NOT go for the I2 and went down the >$ path of an M600P w/ D-RTK for "serious" accuracy. My primary clients are surveyors and mining operations that are looking for highest reasonable accuracy/$. I still use my P3P and Inspire fitted with the X3 for less stringent accuracy. I do not use my X5 camera for mapping capture.

Well at least i know. I have an I1 with X3 and will use that. What camera do you use on you M600P.

So there are none of these issues with D-RTK option?

Thank you for the info

Ed

For NADR, I use the X3 w/ a simple UV filter. It looks really stupid with such a small camera on such a large bird, but it is a proven setup for capture.
I am in the process of fitting the M600P with a FLIR Duo R as the FPV camera so I don't loose forward vision and get bonus thermal for night flights.

For NADR, I use the X3 w/ a simple UV filter. It looks really stupid with such a small camera on such a large bird, but it is a proven setup for capture.
I am in the process of fitting the M600P with a FLIR Duo R as the FPV camera so I don't loose forward vision and get bonus thermal for night flights.

That is interesting. I have the XT and am very happy with it. Have not been able to make good maps yet but working on it. Same issue with exif altitude.

As to the I2, wasn't that the reason DJI put two barometers in the new bird for better accuracy? My P4 is super bad on altitude numbers in GO and often flies underground on review playback. They really need to fix that as I don't trust the thing to clear something if GO shows it so far off.

My EXTIF altitude data is incorrect on all my DJI cameras, X3, X5 and XT. My recent flights were off by 200'.

Are others experiencing this issue?

My IMU and compass are calibrated. I am using AC firmware 01.09.01.30 and current FW on the transmitter and go app.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you
There are already threads on this subject - please use the search function before posting up another thread

Thank you.

METADATA ALTITUDE IS TOTALLY OFF HELP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu