Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

image transmission signal problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a inspire 1 v1 with x3 that im starting to give up on.

When i first start up the aircraft the RC and HD signal bars are all full/strong. However, when flying out 100m+ or so, i start experiencing weak image transmission warnings, video is greening/blacking out, aircraft disconnecting.

Does anyone know what to do?

Iv tried;
- rebinding the RC to the AC - tried 2 different RC (1 is amp boosted and other stock)
- tried recalibrating IMU and compass
- Rolled back RC firmware and upgraded again
- Checked the gimbal wires between vibration plate and cam
- Removed nose and checked that all antenna is securely plugged in
-Tried using it with a ipad mini 4 and samsung s8+

I am running all the latest firmware.. Should i try rolling back the firmware? People have suggested 1.8 was the best FW

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a inspire 1 v1 with x3 that im starting to give up on.

When i first start up the aircraft the RC and HD signal bars are all full/strong. However, when flying out 100m+ or so, i start experiencing weak image transmission warnings, video is greening/blacking out, aircraft disconnecting.

Does anyone know what to do?

Iv tried;
- rebinding the RC to the AC - tried 2 different RC (1 is amp boosted and other stock)
- tried recalibrating IMU and compass
- Rolled back RC firmware and upgraded again
- Checked the gimbal wires between vibration plate and cam
- Removed nose and checked that all antenna is securely plugged in
-Tried using it with a ipad mini 4 and samsung s8+

I am running all the latest firmware.. Should i try rolling back the firmware? People have suggested 1.8 was the best FW

We have seen the similar issue and seen in a couple cases that some of the pins on aircraft had gotten pushed down and weren’t making good connections.

Why isn’t the Matrice 210 available in the US yet? I know people in the UK and Australia that are flying them. Does anybody know?

when i tried to fly it out, the aircraft would cut out after 100-150m, but once i rotated the aircraft to fly it back to me the full reception would come back.

so i tried flying it backwards and i had perfect signal for as far as i could see.. rotated the aircraft facing forward and bang.. no signal.

so i pinpointed it to the rear antenna and opened up the antenna where the landing legs are on the rear and relised the antenna had came loose and had a **** solder job.

cleaned up the solder and resoldered everything. took it out for a quick test and went 2000m fine.

-otherthings worth checking is the antenna pins on the aircraft is not loose.
-also have read a few people having issues with the usb port on the controller
-try rollback the firmware as dji reduced the power output to the tx after 1.08/1.09

Last edited:
Reactions: North
when i tried to fly it out, the aircraft would cut out after 100-150m, but once i rotated the aircraft to fly it back to me the full reception would come back.

so i tried flying it backwards and i had perfect signal for as far as i could see.. rotated the aircraft facing forward and bang.. no signal.

so i pinpointed it to the rear antenna and opened up the antenna where the landing legs are on the rear and relised the antenna had came loose and had a **** solder job.

cleaned up the solder and resoldered everything. took it out for a quick test and went 2000m fine.

-otherthings worth checking is the antenna pins on the aircraft is not loose.
-also have read a few people having issues with the usb port on the controller
-try rollback the firmware as dji reduced the power output to the tx after 1.08/1.09
Thanks for getting back to me. I shall have to test the rotation of the drone part, it's one thing I haven't checked. Glad you solved your problem

Thanks for getting back to me. I shall have to test the rotation of the drone part, it's one thing I haven't checked. Glad you solved your problem

also, if you are flying in a highly populated area you may be getting alot of interference. doing the 32 channel hack may help.

Happy New Year to all,

Mrinflatable glad to see that you were able to resolve your image transmission signal problem. I recently bought an Inspire 1 v2.0
used on eBay a couple of days ago. The bird flies great and everything is working great except for one issue:

On my RC I get a "Image Transmission Signal Weak" red banner that blinks on and off on the status bar at the top of the display. On the
Aircraft Status page the Radio Channel Quality status alternates between "Normal" and "Poor" every 8 seconds or so the next
line down says "Strong Interference Fly with Caution". However on the main display screen the RC icon and the HD icon on the
status bar both show a steady 4 bars of signal strength! I flew 2 test flights in which I gradually flew out a horizontal distance
of 6,000 feet and an altitude of 380 feet while closely monitoring the RC and HD signal strength and picture quality - both showed 4 bars and the picture quality was good. Out at the 6,000 foot range the HD icon and bars on the status bar would "grey out" periodically.
On the Settings page all of the frequency related selections are in Auto not Manual. By the way I'm using the DJI GO app on a new
Asus 8" Zenpad S80 and Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV glasses both sets work flawlessly.

I've owned a Mavic Pro for a couple of months but I'm new to the Inspire 1, I would appreciate any insight that you guys and gals
can bring to the conundrum. Thanks in advance.

I get this exact same issue near where I live. If you watch the channels you'd see them all bounce around and spike hard in the red. I have a lot of interference in this area. I suspect you do as well. I bought and installed the Titan Conquer amplified antenna system. It has worked extremely well to allow me to fly in higher radio interference areas.

I do wish the alarms would coincide with the signal strength bars at the top of the display. It makes it very confusing as to what is actually going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc