Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Exposure changes

Reaction score
So being new to the video side of things I have been testing out the X4S on the Inspire 2. Generally very pleased, but have an issue to resolve which I am sure is pretty simple.

I don't have any ND filters yet (non available) and have been shooting in either 30FPS with 1/60 shutter or 60FPF with 1/120 shutter (using shutter priority).

Now when I am moving around I am getting stark exposure changes which mess up the shots. Here is a very brief example (download): Dropbox - X4S 4K 60FPS Test 3.mov

So are the changes caused by aperture changes and associated exposure change? Should I just always be shooting in full manual controlling shutter and aperture or can I just lock the exposure?

Sorry if these are really noob questions, but its just stuff I need to work through (i'm comfortable on the photo side of things). Thanks in advance.

Absolutely. If you're in anything other than manual the image processing will be making adjustments in the back ground and that's what you'll see with exposure changes as your framing moves around. Same with White Balance - pick a white balance instead of leaving it on Auto.

Absolutely. If you're in anything other than manual the image processing will be making adjustments in the back ground and that's what you'll see with exposure changes as your framing moves around. Same with White Balance - pick a white balance instead of leaving it on Auto.

Thanks. I suppose I knew that but wanted confirmation. Also from using the X3 (obviously no aperture control) on my old I1, any exposure changes were much more subtle, sort of faded in rather than the sudden jump I am seeing on the X4S...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb920questions