Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

External antenna suggestions?, operating Inspire 2 from a boat.

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a more solid signal while operating from a boat. Drone is typically within 500 meters of the boat. Any breakup of signal makes doing subtle smooth moves extra difficult. I'm thinking I could mount an antenna on the boat that attaches to the Remote controller to improve connection. (I have the "standard remote" for the Inspire 2, willing to spend $ for cendence if that's better). The boat will be turning and spinning around, so I won't be able to use a directional antenna very easily. I won't be moving around much on the boat so don't mind being connected to antenna. Any suggestions for a good setup much appreciated! Thanks,

So you're saying that right now, when you are within 500 meters of the boat, which is about 10% of the range specified for this device, you are losing signal?

If so, you may want to explore other possible issues, like interference other electronic devices may be causing, bad antenna connections, faulty I2, etc. I don't know that a larger external antenna is going to help much.

I have the Cendence with patch/directional antenna, and I get loss of video signal once in a while from like 5 meters away, but it's usually just a quick flicker and back. Seems to do it less as I get further out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla