Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

External Large Monitor Advice

Reaction score
Morning All.
I am using my Inspire 1 Pro X5 to map and inspect many kinds of projects where I live working with all kinds of industries. I'd like to be able to be flying with my iPad and to hook up an external monitor screen next to me on a table for my client to be able to live view what the drone is seeing. This would be especially helpful to law enforcement and fire/rescue operations.
Can anyone suggest a high quality external monitor that can hook up via HDMI cable? It can't be USB because you're flying with the iPad... and, I do not want to use a splitter due to loss of signal quality on the iPad.
Cheers!
RG

I'd like to stay under $500.00 if possible since the chance of damage to it on scene is rather high-- plus, people and their grubby fingers marking it up because they have to touch the screen as they point at stuff they're seeing. I'm thinking around a 21" monitor wuld be acceptable size to haul around.

I'd like to stay under $500.00 if possible since the chance of damage to it on scene is rather high-- plus, people and their grubby fingers marking it up because they have to touch the screen as they point at stuff they're seeing. I'm thinking around a 21" monitor wuld be acceptable size to haul around.
You will not get a high quality monitor for under $500

For high quality external field monitors in the size you are after budget for between $5,000 - $8,000.

For <$500 you will only get a domestic 'TV' style HDMI Monitor/TV. It will not have a high NIT output or be rugged construction, be capable of calibration and probably not be dual power supply (Mains & battery).

Thank you for the information. I will research more and save for a good one :)

Many LG TVs are actually 12v with a transformer on the power cable. They should run off a simple 12v adaptor. You can get a 22" 1080 IPS screen for about $150 with a vesa mount.

Reactions: Adam Tunnell
Many LG TVs are actually 12v with a transformer on the power cable. They should run off a simple 12v adaptor. You can get a 22" 1080 IPS screen for about $150 with a vesa mount.
Indeedy, however you can hardly call an LG TV a high quality field monitor. :D

I agree but it meets the budget set and large pro quality field monitor will be too expensive.

Also as the controller can only output 1080 getting a 4K monitor seems somewhat wasted unless you will be using it to review footage.

I agree but it meets the budget set and large pro quality field monitor will be too expensive.

Also as the controller can only output 1080 getting a 4K monitor seems somewhat wasted unless you will be using it to review footage.
The remote only outputs 720p - The Inspire has never done 1080 out of the HDMI port. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu