FAA 333 Exemption

I agree.

My last 3rd Class Medical was in 2002. I have not tried to renew, it has not been denied, suspended or revoked. I have no intentions of flying a full-size aircraft as PIC again. I just wanted to avoid the inflated costs of an FAA 3rd class medical every 2 years. Glad you have been convinced

The AOPA and EAA are pushing pretty hard to get the 3rd class medical replaced with a driver's lic just like for the Sport rating, when flying part 91. They're trying to go the legislative route and going over the FAA's head, so to speak. Hopefully they will be successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robcurcio

All Part 91 makes sense to me. I set up 135 ops and was a Director of Maintenance for a 135 operator for many years. I almost wanted stricter guidelines for some pilots we hired. The FAA is slow to change. Time will tell what is in store for us that want to do things properly and be legal in our commercial endeavors.

Reactions: Robcurcio

Indeed.

I have started the process.....I am on my 7th lesson and I have to say....I'M LOVING THIS FLYING THING......I can see some huge ADVANTAGES to the FAA keeping the rules exactly like they are.

When you are in the air...fling 500 fee off the ground, approaching a runway and trying to focus on landing....I simply cannot image the fear that would hit you if you suddenly saw a WHITE Phantom or Inspire blinking red and green lights at you.....OMG it would and could be bad!!!!

Thus....being I would NEVER want someone to do that to me...I would NEVER do it to someone.....all of this is a direct result of my learning to fly.

So....I'm voting for them to keep things as is!

Kirk

Reactions: SanCap
I'm also in the early stages of pilot training. It's the most challenging thing I've ever done. It's almost surreal. Take offs are intense! Especially in crosswinds. I actually put my plane into a stall spin while practicing stalls one day. OMG that got my attention!
I highly doubt the FAA will keep it this way. Not really fair. The washout rate for pilot trainees is 50%. I've always wanted to fly so this was a good excuse for me. Besides, even after the new laws are decided on, congress still has to pass them. I can't even begin to guess how long it will take those idiots to do that!!! LMAO!!

Reactions: SanCap