Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA 333 Exemption

Dave

as sancap states your medical currency will drop to the ratting that it requires, so if you have a private pilots and you take a check ride, you do not have to have a current medical to pass the check ride. If you pass the check ride and do not have the medical, your rating privileges will drop to the level where your medical status fulfills requirement. In a case that you have a drivers license then you can operate under the privlages guided for a sport pilot, even though you are not a sport pilot to say.

Because the requirements are higher to optain a private pilots, you by default are qualified to operate any of the ratings below the level.

Also, technically you can not fail a bi annual flight review, however if the instructor is not comfortable with your skills then they do not have sign you log book. In this case they will tell you on what you need to work on and you can either do it with them or go to another instructor.

I agree.

I understand that a PPL can exercise the privileges of a Sport pilot with only a current driver's lic. so long as their medical had not been denied, just not renewed.

I had not thought of the 333 medical requirement from that perspective. You've convinced me (for whatever that's worth).

Thanks for that perspective!

My last 3rd Class Medical was in 2002. I have not tried to renew, it has not been denied, suspended or revoked. I have no intentions of flying a full-size aircraft as PIC again. I just wanted to avoid the inflated costs of an FAA 3rd class medical every 2 years. Glad you have been convinced :)

My last 3rd Class Medical was in 2002. I have not tried to renew, it has not been denied, suspended or revoked. I have no intentions of flying a full-size aircraft as PIC again. I just wanted to avoid the inflated costs of an FAA 3rd class medical every 2 years. Glad you have been convinced :)

The AOPA and EAA are pushing pretty hard to get the 3rd class medical replaced with a driver's lic just like for the Sport rating, when flying part 91. They're trying to go the legislative route and going over the FAA's head, so to speak. Hopefully they will be successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robcurcio
The AOPA and EAA are pushing pretty hard to get the 3rd class medical replaced with a driver's lic just like for the Sport rating for part 91 ops. They're trying to go the legislative route and going over the FAA's head, so to speak. Hopefully they will be successful.

All Part 91 makes sense to me. I set up 135 ops and was a Director of Maintenance for a 135 operator for many years. I almost wanted stricter guidelines for some pilots we hired. The FAA is slow to change. Time will tell what is in store for us that want to do things properly and be legal in our commercial endeavors.

Reactions: Robcurcio
All Part 91 makes sense to me. I set up 135 ops and was a Director of Maintenance for a 135 operator for many years. I almost wanted stricter guidelines for some pilots we hired. The FAA is slow to change. Time will tell what is in store for us that want to do things properly and be legal in our commercial endeavors.

Indeed.

I have started the process.....I am on my 7th lesson and I have to say....I'M LOVING THIS FLYING THING......I can see some huge ADVANTAGES to the FAA keeping the rules exactly like they are.

When you are in the air...fling 500 fee off the ground, approaching a runway and trying to focus on landing....I simply cannot image the fear that would hit you if you suddenly saw a WHITE Phantom or Inspire blinking red and green lights at you.....OMG it would and could be bad!!!!

Thus....being I would NEVER want someone to do that to me...I would NEVER do it to someone.....all of this is a direct result of my learning to fly.

So....I'm voting for them to keep things as is!

Kirk

Reactions: SanCap
I'm also in the early stages of pilot training. It's the most challenging thing I've ever done. It's almost surreal. Take offs are intense! Especially in crosswinds. I actually put my plane into a stall spin while practicing stalls one day. OMG that got my attention!
I highly doubt the FAA will keep it this way. Not really fair. The washout rate for pilot trainees is 50%. I've always wanted to fly so this was a good excuse for me. Besides, even after the new laws are decided on, congress still has to pass them. I can't even begin to guess how long it will take those idiots to do that!!! LMAO!!

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo