Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA Warning

Being the newbie here, I need to ask something... How is an inspire any different than helicopters we flew 20 years ago? How is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle any different? Because we have cameras mounted now? (which I saw 10 years ago)

I'm just trying to understand why the FAA has stepped up their game compared to the thousands of RC plane and helicopter fliers out there.

Thanks,

Mark

Being the newbie here, I need to ask something... How is an inspire any different than helicopters we flew 20 years ago? How is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle any different? Because we have cameras mounted now? (which I saw 10 years ago)

I'm just trying to understand why the FAA has stepped up their game compared to the thousands of RC plane and helicopter fliers out there.

Thanks,

Mark
Hey Mark,
This is what a lot of experience RC enthusiasts have been saying for the past year or two however the difference is that the price has come down and the technology is good enough where anyone can fly one. The learning curve has flattened out significantly so now you do not have to be as smart to fly ;).

As for the letter, they can pry my quad from my cold dead hands!!

The FAA warning letter to UAV pilots was just posted recently to the Inspire Pilots site.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/resources/unauthorized-operation-letter.4/

Despite the description...This document is the one sent to flyers who the FAA deems "unauthorized". Some YouTube channels who have aerial videos have been getting this letter.
This is NOT a letter that has been sent to flyers. It is an internal FAA policy document.
Just read the first few lines and that's obvious.

1. Purpose of This Notice. This notice provides guidance to inspectors on the process of contact and education generally to be provided to individuals who are the subject of an inquiry relating to the unauthorized operation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) in the National Airspace System (NAS).

2. Audience. The primary audience for this notice is all regional Flight Standards divisions (RFSD) and Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) aviation safety inspectors (ASI). The secondary audience includes headquarters (HQ) Flight Standards Service (AFS) policy divisions responsible for
implementation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz