Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fake ebay sellers from Indonesia

Reaction score
hey guys,
So I made my mind on buying an used Inspire 1, I was looking for good deals on ebay so i could buy them and bidded on an Inspire 1 v2 + 4 batts+ 2 controllers + osmo, I won it for 1625 dollars, A really cheap price, but most drones have been sold for this range of price so I dont suspect it could be a scam as the price most auctions are going off go around 1400-1900. the seller that i bought is from Indonesia and his ebay account is new, I´ll attach the link of the auction in here so you guys can see the pictures and etc, I am a little scared because his account is new, and he takes long time to answer my messeges, he alreay sent the package but it will take 25bussiness days to arrive, I know I have buyer protection, but I dont want this to be a scam and wait this long.

So, can you guys help me? has anyone here been a victim of a scam buying an isnpire? the details on items is too good to be false, and if anyone is looking to be a scam why would they sell an inspire? it would be easier on an iphone, and the drone has ebay protection wich will guarantee that if it is a scam there is no way of the seller getting the money, so it doesnt make any sense!!

NOBODY WITH EXPERIENCE ON BUYING USED INSPIRES? plssss ppl haha plsss help a brother!

I saw that auction. Turned off because it was from foreign seller with zero feedback. Hopefully you will be fine. I have bought 2 used Inspires off US Ebay sellers. Free fast shipping on both. They had feedback ratings though. If the product is real then you got a good deal.

Reactions: Salomão
I saw that auction. Turned off because it was from foreign seller with zero feedback. Hopefully you will be fine. I have bought 2 used Inspires off US Ebay sellers. Free fast shipping on both. They had feedback ratings though. If the product is real then you got a good deal.
He doesnt answer my questions now that I have payed the item, if he takes more than one day to answer me I´m gonna give up

As a long time ebay user I can only offer as per Jim above did. I'd never buy ANYTHING from someone on ebay unless they have strong, recent and positive feedback. And the more expensive the item the more I'd want to see some significant feedback. I'd also, I hate to say, avoid buying from a few countries; the one you mentioned is right up there along with Nigeria and some eastern European countries. That said, you might have scored a great deal, but hopefully "buyer protection" will save your bacon if it goes cactus.

Reactions: Highrpm955
As a long time ebay user I can only offer as per Jim above did. I'd never buy ANYTHING from someone on ebay unless they have strong, recent and positive feedback. And the more expensive the item the more I'd want to see some significant feedback. I'd also, I hate to say, avoid buying from a few countries; the one you mentioned is right up there along with Nigeria and some eastern European countries. That said, you might have scored a great deal, but hopefully "buyer protection" will save your bacon if it goes cactus.

already talked to ebay and they said I´m protected, and that´s what bets a big question in my head: WHY WOULD SOMEONE TRY A SCAM LIKE THIS IF HE CAN´T GET THE MONEY UNLESS I SAY SO? what does he get? it´s only a waste of my and his time!! thats what maked me think he wont be scamming, but he can always be an kook idiot looking for some easy money and doesnt know that he is not getting any like that!

I don't know why anyone tries this. As a new seller, he could not spend the money for 30 days as Paypal puts a hold on it until you are a well established seller. I see fraudulent listings all the time and report them when I do. Just in the last week I reported 5 of them. All 5 were an Asian seller with zero feedback. 3 of then were removed but 2 closed as being sold.
Would anyone ever believe they could get an inspire for $46.00? (Apparently 2 did!!)

I took a chance on one last year right after Christmas. A guy was selling Inspire 1s for $699.00 claiming it was a new year special. They were selling for $2100.00 at the time. His listing said there were 4 left and he had sold 56.
I read the Buyer protection plan thoroughly then pulled the trigger. Paid right away. In the morning when I awoke, the seller had been removed from eBay and I couldn't even email him because the link to the listing was closed. I opened a claim with eBay and had a full refund in 3 days. No haggling or hassles.
I was 99% sure it was too good to be true and it was. I tested the buyer protection plan and it held up. Gee, if this nut sold that many, there must have been a lot of claims. But, eBay is smarter than to release the money right away. They simply pull it back.

So why do creeps even try it? They cannot collect any of the money. Just bored idiots making trouble I guess.
Cybervandalism?.

I hope you actually do get your item, but if not, or if it is anything less than described, file a claim. You will get your money back. Just takes a little time.

Reactions: 180productions
What makes me angry and the worst parti for me is that is going to take waaaay to long for that to happen and I didnt wanted to wait that long for a drone that is a scam! I only bought it because the deal was good but WASNT "top good to be true", it was just really good, but believeble

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Feedback means everything on eBay. While every seller had to start with zero feedback, it is earned. If I consider buying from a zero feedback seller I try to contact them first. Or I am prepared to wait in case it is false.

s new eBay id and start se
I don't know why anyone tries this. As a new seller, he could not spend the money for 30 days as Paypal puts a hold on it until you are a well established seller. I see fraudulent listings all the time and report them when I do. Just in the last week I reported 5 of them. All 5 were an Asian seller with zero feedback. 3 of then were removed but 2 closed as being sold.
Would anyone ever believe they could get an inspire for $46.00? (Apparently 2 did!!)

I took a chance on one last year right after Christmas. A guy was selling Inspire 1s for $699.00 claiming it was a new year special. They were selling for $2100.00 at the time. His listing said there were 4 left and he had sold 56.
I read the Buyer protection plan thoroughly then pulled the trigger. Paid right away. In the morning when I awoke, the seller had been removed from eBay and I couldn't even email him because the link to the listing was closed. I opened a claim with eBay and had a full refund in 3 days. No haggling or hassles.
I was 99% sure it was too good to be true and it was. I tested the buyer protection plan and it held up. Gee, if this nut sold that many, there must have been a lot of claims. But, eBay is smarter than to release the money right away. They simply pull it back.

So why do creeps even try it? They cannot collect any of the money. Just bored idiots making trouble I guess.
Cybervandalism?.

I hope you actually do get your item, but if not, or if it is anything less than described, file a claim. You will get your money back. Just takes a little time.

These scammers are much smarter that eBay/PayPal and they have already figured out all the ways to scam their system. For example a new, zero feedback seller can withdraw all the proceeds from eBay sold listings as long as a verified PayPal account is linked to their eBay seller account. How does it work? These scammers hijack a verified PayPal account via email phishing, Trojan or other malicious code. Once they have the verified PayPal account they can link it to a "new" eBay seller account. Now PayPal has fraud measures to prevent the hackers from accessing any linked bank account(s) from the original PayPal account holder but ironically they do not protect the balance funds in the PayPal account. The hackers then create a new eBay user id and start listing hundreds of bogus listings on eBay selling only the most popular items and listing them well below the market price of others so they can quickly run up a PayPal balance in the hacked PayPal account which they quickly withdraw at ATMs. by creating "burner" "burner" ATM cards and drain the legit users funds from their PayPal account via their newly created PayPal debit card at any ATM worldwide.Even if they only get a small fraction of the actual eBay sale proceeds from these scam auctions before they are discovered it can quickly add up over thousands of transactions!

Last edited:
there is one for sale here asking $1000 lower it down to $750 one problem he want me to sen money to her duagther at a walmart before his ship the bird. thats a nono seller Wilson just in case

there is one for sale here asking $1000 lower it down to $750 one problem he want me to sen money to her duagther at a walmart before his ship the bird. thats a nono seller Wilson just in case
I wouldn't even consider that deal. You would NOT be covered under the buyer protection plan.

it is here so Hope Editor can block it talk to tha guy even ask him o drive thee 3 Hr but he wants his walmart hope no member fall on his terms

s new eBay id and start se

These scammers are much smarter that eBay/PayPal and they have already figured out all the ways to scam their system. For example a new, zero feedback seller can withdraw all the proceeds from eBay sold listings as long as a verified PayPal account is linked to their eBay seller account. How does it work? These scammers hijack a verified PayPal account via email phishing, Trojan or other malicious code. Once they have the verified PayPal account they can "burn" the required info onto "burner" ATM cards and drain the legit users funds in their PayPal account via their newly created PayPal debit card at any ATM worldwide. Now PayPal has fraud measures to prevent the hackers from accessing any linked bank account(s) from the original PayPal account holder but ironically they do not protect the balance funds in the PayPal account. The hackers then create a new eBay user id and start listing hundreds of bogus listings on eBay selling only the most popular items and listing them well below the market price of others so they can quickly run up a PayPal balance in the hacked PayPal account which they quickly withdraw at ATMs. Even if they only get a small fraction of the actual eBay sale proceeds from these scam auctions before they are discovered it can quickly add up over thousands of transactions!

Oh ****, that could actually be it! The only thing that does not match is the price of the drone wich was "normal" for what drones have been seelingg for and there is way too kuch detail on it (gos tracker, osmo handle plus 2 batts, ipad sunshade etc...)

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Last time, 1 month ago, I just won an auction which has Inspire 1 V2.0 X5 Dual Remote from an Indonesia seller ( zero reviews, 1-week registration) with 1600 $. I had doubt but I thought it a very good deal and I should bet for my lucky at least I have eBay protect plan. Suddenly I rechecked all images and found out there is X3, not X5 Camera. I sent him an email and he said it was his mistake, told me to pay. I refused to pay because its description was not true. 3 days later, he deleted his account. Now I felt that I very lucky and happy with an Inspire 1 X3 Dual remote at 1200 $. You can see a lot Indonesia seller is selling Inspire 1 in eBay now with surprising price. Hope that you can get your money back.

Last time, 1 month ago, I just won an auction which has Inspire 1 V2.0 X5 Dual Remote from an Indonesia seller ( zero reviews, 1-week registration) with 1600 $. I had doubt but I thought it a very good deal and I should bet for my lucky at least I have eBay protect plan. Suddenly I rechecked all images and found out there is X3, not X5 Camera. I sent him an email and he said it was his mistake, told me to pay. I refused to pay because its description was not true. 3 days later, he deleted his account. Now I felt that I very lucky and happy with an Inspire 1 X3 Dual remote at 1200 $. You can see a lot Indonesia seller is selling Inspire 1 in eBay now with surprising price. Hope that you can get your money back.
already contacting ebay! thank you for sharing your experience!!!

Reactions: 180productions
I have seen these sellers from

KABANJAHE, SUMATERA UTARA, Indonesia on ebay. 5 or 6 times in the last few months. Always slightly wrong description and a new user with 0 feedback.

I avoid most international sellers for large purchases. It's just not worth the hassle, even if authentic, to return in case of an issue. I do buy <$99 items all the time from China, Taiwan, etc. with very few issues except poor quality for some items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys,
So I made my mind on buying an used Inspire 1, I was looking for good deals on ebay so i could buy them and bidded on an Inspire 1 v2 + 4 batts+ 2 controllers + osmo, I won it for 1625 dollars, A really cheap price, but most drones have been sold for this range of price so I dont suspect it could be a scam as the price most auctions are going off go around 1400-1900. the seller that i bought is from Indonesia and his ebay account is new, I´ll attach the link of the auction in here so you guys can see the pictures and etc, I am a little scared because his account is new, and he takes long time to answer my messeges, he alreay sent the package but it will take 25bussiness days to arrive, I know I have buyer protection, but I dont want this to be a scam and wait this long.

So, can you guys help me? has anyone here been a victim of a scam buying an isnpire? the details on items is too good to be false, and if anyone is looking to be a scam why would they sell an inspire? it would be easier on an iphone, and the drone has ebay protection wich will guarantee that if it is a scam there is no way of the seller getting the money, so it doesnt make any sense!!

Beware of the gift card scam! They will add a post on eBay for a very good price! They will inform you before you buy, contact the buyer first, this is to get your email offline from eBay filters! Don't fall for it, I called eBay customer service and they said it was a scam!

Hello.

I'm looking for cheap drones at eBay an several other sites.
I'm seeing strange prices at eBay coming from Indonesian guys (who only accept bank transfer and sell three times cheaper than other shops). I've already filed a report to eBay and they correct it.

Today I've found another suspicious one, though they accept Paypal and the price could be good (20% cheaper than aliexpress, geekbuying or gearbest but credible):
DJI Mavic Pro PLATINUM Drone | eBay

They ship from Indonesia but link to their own site with Colombian extension.
About | Welcome to FM DRONESTORE

Strangely the information of the company doesn't provide phone number nor address.

Can I trust him?
It's just a poor guy selling as an individual?
Or is it scam?
He only has 3 votes and one comment but it was about something worth 3 dollar.

t2WzJn4l.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry