Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FDS at AUVSI - New DJI Products and Other Accessories

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.floridadronesupply.com
Greetings from the AUVSI Xponential Convention in Chicago.

Each year we attend this conference just to see all of the developments from a large collection of manufactures in the unmanned industry. It includes, air, ground and maritime, but our focus is in the commercial drone sector. Here are a couple of interesting things we saw yesterday:

DJI Matrice Accessories
Check out the small LIDAR unit and the optical gas sensor attached to the gimbal ports of this Matrice 210. We are definitely seeing a lot of LIDAR this year at the convention and the optical gas sensor is something a lot of clients have been asking us about, The LIDAR is not made by DJI, but the gas sensor is.

Lighting Packages
We found these lighting solutions to be very good. We are working with the manufacturer to bring them to Florida Drone Supply. When used on a Matrice 210, they are controllable (power on and off as well as dimming) from the Pilot app - when put on another platform they can be controlled through the built in radio from up to 2000 feet away. The lights shown here provide enough light to read a book on the ground from 100 feet in the air.

We will post some more photos and other information when we get back to the hotel this evening. If you want us to check anything specific for you while we are here, just let us know.

Thanks!

Michael

IMG_4632.jpegIMG_4630.jpegIMG_4631.jpeg

Each year we attend this conference just to see all of the developments from a large collection of manufactures in the unmanned industry. It includes, air, ground and maritime, but our focus is in the commercial drone sector. Here are a couple of interesting things we saw yesterday:

DJI Matrice Accessories
Check out the small LIDAR unit and the optical gas sensor attached to the gimbal ports of this Matrice 210. We are definitely seeing a lot of LIDAR this year at the convention and the optical gas sensor is something a lot of clients have been asking us about, The LIDAR is not made by DJI, but the gas sensor is.

Lighting Packages
We found these lighting solutions to be very good. We are working with the manufacturer to bring them to Florida Drone Supply. When used on a Matrice 210, they are controllable (power on and off as well as dimming) from the Pilot app - when put on another platform they can be controlled through the built in radio from up to 2000 feet away. The lights shown here provide enough light to read a book on the ground from 100 feet in the air.

We will post some more photos and other information when we get back to the hotel this evening. If you want us to check anything specific for you while we are here, just let us know.

Thanks!

Michael

Very interesting. My partner and I are scheduled to fly a LiDAR mission this morning (though I think we're postponing to tomorrow due to wind). We're flying an $80K Phoenix LiDAR unit on an M600 Pro. Naturally, high winds are a safety issue. But the other issue is erroneous data from the LiDAR unit being tossed around. I was literally just thinking 5 minutes ago about some kind of stabilization for the LiDAR unit when this episode of InspirePilots popped into my Inbox. I definitely have my ear to the ground on this one.

We looked further into the company that is going to be making the LIDAR that goes on the M210. It seems like the points per second are going to be fairly low by all LIDAR standards - I would probably call this more of an entry level system or something that would be used for close range inspections and probably not large mapping missions. Although they do claim a 2cm accuracy from 20 meters. The Phoenix system you are flying is probably far more capable...but this one is definitely interesting. We are waiting on some more information on it as well and will share everything we find out.

We looked further into the company that is going to be making the LIDAR that goes on the M210. It seems like the points per second are going to be fairly low by all LIDAR standards - I would probably call this more of an entry level system or something that would be used for close range inspections and probably not large mapping missions. Although they do claim a 2cm accuracy from 20 meters. The Phoenix system you are flying is probably far more capable...but this one is definitely interesting. We are waiting on some more information on it as well and will share everything we find out.

Thanx. I appreciate it. As you can guess, we're already pretty invested in our present system. However, I AM curious about this new offering.

D

DJI Matrice Accessories

Lighting Packages

Thanks!

Michael

View attachment 25256View attachment 25257View attachment 25258
Twxpy6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44