Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Feedback on 2019 Reel?

Reaction score
Figured I could get some useable tips from the good folks in this forum on both the editing and shooting of my 2019 reel, instead of just showcasing my shots I had a blast editing at full capacity putting everything I leaned in 2019 into the reel.
I bought my Inspire 1 in late 2018 and started my business (Ryzein) in February 2018, since then I tried my hand in real estate, general marketing and weddings, so far weddings have been the most promising and I hope to make this my full time gig in the coming months.
All the best,
-Flipp

Hi Flipp, you've got some nice stuff showing the variety of shots you can pull off. For me, the #1 purpose of a reel is to show capabilities, and you've definitely checked that box. Where I think it could improve is by editing the reel more to the footage than the music. For all of your variety, there is a good deal of similar, weaker content in there, and I think you could easily cut the length in half, just showing the best of these clips. As much as you want to sell yourself as an aerial and ground-based videographer, I don't think you have enough variety in the ground shots to justify one united reel of both styles, which, to me, makes that footage feel shoehorned in. I would cut one shorter reel for the aerial stuff, with only the best shots from each shoot, and making sure each one shows something unique compared to the others in it's group, and then look at what you have for ground video and try to shoot more of that, and fill in the gaps where they exist. Having 2 shorter highly concentrated videos will land you more work than 1 big catchall version. To reiterate, though, you're off to a good start!

I'm by no means an expert or even close to it, so this opinion is that of someone that appreciates the art of moving pictures but is more of a still photographer, wanna be videographer. The takes for the most part were great, the video overall was more of a conglomeration of clips, sort of "thrown" together, that said, I got trough the whole thing and certainly enjoyed the cinematography.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth