Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Filming at night

yes but it gets noisy and soft very quickly. you might need to use cinema dng.
this is a 100% crop from the tail end of dusk, pretty much properly night with only a little color in the sky.
Using optical flow noise reduction leaves it pretty sharp and clean at 1080p. usable at 4k, but notably softer than it could be. It is still kind of incredible as only a few years ago it required an outrageously expensive setup to get usable footage at this time of night from a helicopter.

GynHC8t.jpg

I wouldn't expect much quality in dark but I have the Inspire 1 with X3 cam so I can't say a whole lot. Being a new pilot, I'm yet understanding the legalities and as far as I know it is illegal to fly at night. Maybe there are exceptions to that rule?

I wouldn't expect much quality in dark but I have the Inspire 1 with X3 cam so I can't say a whole lot. Being a new pilot, I'm yet understanding the legalities and as far as I know it is illegal to fly at night. Maybe there are exceptions to that rule?
well you can legally fly through civil twilight, 30 min past sunset (in the continental US)

X5s with a good Len attached can get you some awesome drone footage and photos. Can't expect to get nice shots with a factory cam unless you know what you're doing.

This was shot with my Insipre 1Pro X5 Aperture=1.7 Shutter=1/4 ISO=100, I have been meaning to shoot the same shot with my Inspirer 2 and have yet to do it.DJI_0035.jpg

Nice shots from Dallas area Viper. Just got into drone flying Jan. this year with a small DJI spark. Going to work on my part107 license this year. Then try to save $$$$ for the inspire2. Maybe start a aerophotography business, lots to learn... Once again, great photos.
John H.
Flower Mound, TX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineL