Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Filter suggestions for the DJI DL/DL-S Lenses

Reaction score
Just got the X7 and 16mm lens currently. In searching for ND filters, Polar Pro and DJI filters come to the top search, but does anyone have a favorite and why?

Reaction score
Formatt Firecrest are thought to be the highest quality in my circles. We got a set of the Ultralights and never thought about it again.

Reaction score
I am currently researching as well.

The main competitors here are:

Tiffen Tiffen Filters for Inspire 2 (image below of convo with customer service)

Firecrest Ultra Firecrest Ultra Circular

Polar Pro Polar Pro Lines for Zenmuse

and lastly DJI's own filter set DJI Filters

Pro hype is around Firecrest ($$$) but Polar Pro seems to be a favorite amongst other DJI drone lines. Tiffen I am concerned about the weight but I really do not know the specs.

I haven't found any solid videos reviewing the filter set from DJI, surprisingly. Let alone any videos reviewing any sort of filter set for the X7.25954

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Eric,

Is this the line you are referring to? Firecrest Ultra Circurlar
I haven't kept up. We got a set of their "UltraLights". I don't even know if they make them anymore. If that "Circular" is a reference to polarization, I would definitely not do that. Circular polarization that can't be set from the ground is very difficult to deal with on a drone. We had a director who wanted one so bad we had a PA drive 50 miles to get one because we don't have or use them. After 20 minutes experimenting with it he said, "You guys are right" and ended up not using it. Too many variables in flight.

Reaction score
I haven't kept up. We got a set of their "UltraLights". I don't even know if they make them anymore. If that "Circular" is a reference to polarization, I would definitely not do that. Circular polarization that can't be set from the ground is very difficult to deal with on a drone. We had a director who wanted one so bad we had a PA drive 50 miles to get one because we don't have or use them. After 20 minutes experimenting with it he said, "You guys are right" and ended up not using it. Too many variables in flight.

I think they just mean the shape- per review of the site here- Screw in....

Reactions: Eric Braun

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HueyAddis