Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Filter suggestions for the DJI DL/DL-S Lenses

Reaction score
Just got the X7 and 16mm lens currently. In searching for ND filters, Polar Pro and DJI filters come to the top search, but does anyone have a favorite and why?

Formatt Firecrest are thought to be the highest quality in my circles. We got a set of the Ultralights and never thought about it again.

I am currently researching as well.

The main competitors here are:

Tiffen Tiffen Filters for Inspire 2 (image below of convo with customer service)

Firecrest Ultra Firecrest Ultra Circular

Polar Pro Polar Pro Lines for Zenmuse

and lastly DJI's own filter set DJI Filters

Pro hype is around Firecrest ($$$) but Polar Pro seems to be a favorite amongst other DJI drone lines. Tiffen I am concerned about the weight but I really do not know the specs.

I haven't found any solid videos reviewing the filter set from DJI, surprisingly. Let alone any videos reviewing any sort of filter set for the X7.25954

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

Is this the line you are referring to? Firecrest Ultra Circurlar
I haven't kept up. We got a set of their "UltraLights". I don't even know if they make them anymore. If that "Circular" is a reference to polarization, I would definitely not do that. Circular polarization that can't be set from the ground is very difficult to deal with on a drone. We had a director who wanted one so bad we had a PA drive 50 miles to get one because we don't have or use them. After 20 minutes experimenting with it he said, "You guys are right" and ended up not using it. Too many variables in flight.

I haven't kept up. We got a set of their "UltraLights". I don't even know if they make them anymore. If that "Circular" is a reference to polarization, I would definitely not do that. Circular polarization that can't be set from the ground is very difficult to deal with on a drone. We had a director who wanted one so bad we had a PA drive 50 miles to get one because we don't have or use them. After 20 minutes experimenting with it he said, "You guys are right" and ended up not using it. Too many variables in flight.

I think they just mean the shape- per review of the site here- Screw in....

Reactions: Eric Braun
I am currently researching as well.

The main competitors here are:

Tiffen Tiffen Filters for Inspire 2 (image below of convo with customer service)

Firecrest Ultra Firecrest Ultra Circular

Polar Pro Polar Pro Lines for Zenmuse

and lastly DJI's own filter set DJI Filters

Pro hype is around Firecrest ($$$) but Polar Pro seems to be a favorite amongst other DJI drone lines. Tiffen I am concerned about the weight but I really do not know the specs.

I haven't found any solid videos reviewing the filter set from DJI, surprisingly. Let alone any videos reviewing any sort of filter set for the X7.View attachment 25954
Hey,

Did you ever make a choice on filters? I'm in a similar position right now, trying to decide between the DJI, Polar Pro Shutter and Quartz or Firecrest Ultra.

The Firecrest Ultras appear to IRND. I've had issues with green casting with other IRND filters on a RED system in the past. Reluctant to get these incase its the same deal.

The DJI filters state they are best matched to the DJI cinema colour system (aware this could be marketing hype)

The newer Quartz series from Polar Pro seem like a good alternative, but the strongest is ND16, which is not enough in some shooting conditions.

Any advice from anyone who has any of the above would be appreciated :)

I‘ve used the Polar Pro Cinema Series Quartz ND 8 and ND 16 46 mm on the various Olympus Lenses with the X5s and been very happy with the Quality (using the PP Quartz on Mavic Air 2, P4P, Gopro etc etc as well).

Looking forward to use them on the X7 and DL Lenses as well soon, but ordered the Cinema 5-Pack for ND32, 64 etc - I work on Snow covered Mountain Slopes often.

Cheers
Christoph

I‘ve used the Polar Pro Cinema Series Quartz ND 8 and ND 16 46 mm on the various Olympus Lenses with the X5s and been very happy with the Quality (using the PP Quartz on Mavic Air 2, P4P, Gopro etc etc as well).

Looking forward to use them on the X7 and DL Lenses as well soon, but ordered the Cinema 5-Pack for ND32, 64 etc - I work on Snow covered Mountain Slopes often.

Cheers
Christoph
Thanks for the reply Christoph,

Seems like the Quartz are the way to go if choosing Polar Pro. Its a shame theres nothing higher than 16 in that line however.

I've been weighing up between the the DJI DLX filters and having a complete set of ND or spending more and getting a reduced set of the firecrest.

I also shoot in a wide range of environments inc snow, and having the higher value ND could be useful, so I'm sticking with the DJI's for now. I'll report back if they don't perform and I inevitably go with the firecrest.

Thanks for the reply Christoph,

Seems like the Quartz are the way to go if choosing Polar Pro. Its a shame theres nothing higher than 16 in that line however.

I've been weighing up between the the DJI DLX filters and having a complete set of ND or spending more and getting a reduced set of the firecrest.

I also shoot in a wide range of environments inc snow, and having the higher value ND could be useful, so I'm sticking with the DJI's for now. I'll report back if they don't perform and I inevitably go with the firecrest.

Hi,

the Polar Pro Shutter 5-Pack Cinema Series for Inspire 2 does offer ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32, and ND64.

but they are not Quartz Glass. I‘ll report as well how color accurate etc the ND32 and ND64 are.

Cheers
Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters