Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firing a radio transmitter from drone for fill flash

Reaction score
We lots of large groups with fill flash. I'm wondering if I can do this from a drone. I would need to be able to get the drone to trigger a radio slave that is synced to a flash on a 24 foot stand. Flying an Inspire 2

Is this possible?

Why? A flash isn’t going to be of any help unless you’re less than 30’ or so from subject. Unless you have one of those really expensive directional flash, but good luck getting pointed at your subject.

We have some pretty powerful flash equipment. I could probably provide enough fill flash at 40 feet to make a difference even with some of the battery operated units. If I can get my drone to trigger the radio transmitter it doesn’t weigh much. I’ve often thought about using the drone for big group photos but would still love to have some fill flash

I've played with doing the opposite. Flying the flash tethered to the Inspire 2 with a photographer shooting from the ground. Sorry no idea on how to get the flash to sync with the Zenmuse camera's. Only suggestion would be to try flying 4 Lume Cube constant lights at 1500 lumens each. Lume Cube has a new lighter weight light, not sure what the power rating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop