Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware 1.5

Reaction score
Well after watching the various threads on the latest firmware I carried out the procedure last night. Everythinbg went straight through with the aircraft, camera and batteries. All logs successful. BUT all previous settings rest to factory. Not that really bothered me but if your aircraft has been set up by someone else it may be a bit of a pain so I would suggest taking a screen shot of all your settings before the upgrade.

As far as the upgrade is concerned in my opinion it has transformed my I1 from a bit of a tool for the odd occasion to a lovely machine which has been transformed from a Jackal & Hyde character to a very likeable and so far very predictable character. It now flies much nicer even with factory settings its transformed. Just flow my first pack to 0% with no mither and only turned down the 'Brake' which was not really needed but I don't like any 'GRAB' much prefer a slow stop or a controlled one. Very nice.

It as also a much more predictable machine when landing. All my other big machines I take off/land on a table but to land the I1 on a table on the old FW was a bloody nightmare. Now its a piece of cake.

Just a couple of things
Landing gear - once take off it raises fine. Come in to land and it lowers fine. but on the old FW if you did not land and rose above the 1.8m or what ever it was the landing gear raised again. NOT now. you have to toggle to get it up again.

Slave RC - after the update for some reason in the RC type window both where set to 'Off' yet both worked. I changed these to AC RC to 'Master' and Gimble to 'Slave'. Now I cannot get the 'Salve' to connect. ANY tips on this would be good - 'RESET' REQUIRED?

I have not tested any of the other flight modes yet just Atti and GPS but so far I now just want to go fly it rather than fight it.

I would recommend it no mither.

OBTW

If you don't just leave the machine to do the upgrade and go have a brew but actually watch the process you can see every stage, FC, sec's, camera and battery. I di scribble various notes on the various stages and LED sequences but Ill need to try and translate the scribbles! Just wish I had videoed it for reference.

Dave

Yup - pretty much mirrors most user experience.
The esc's update one by one with a rapidly decreasing flashing led esc.
All modules and batteries (which take around 90 seconds each) all updated with no issues.

My I1 will arrive Wed is a model B brand new got an Ipad air and and Iphone 6 ,dji has 2 firmwares 1.4 and 1.5 should i start on 1.4 or do the first setup on 1.5

Marge pass. I'll leave that to the I1 to comment on that. For me the 1.5.7 has transformed the machine.

Update. Both RC's now working.. Rained all afternoon so did not get chance to do more testing. So now I almost feel it's worth buying an X5!

hate to wait, wait, raining here 2 can'ttake my Heli or P2 up :( planning on a floating skid to take it to the Lake :rolleyes:
it will be 3 more days of you tube videos guess

Well I wouldn't be too sure about rushing to update with the v1.5. I have done every upgrade perfectly until this one. It failed and failed and failed etc. After trying the update, it would not even downgrade back to previous versions. Aircraft is now dead and with a dealer. So I am hoping to get some answers soon and will post the outcome. Bit for now the aircraft in my view flew perfectly well on the previous version, so in my humble opinion and given there are others experiencing similar issues with v1.5 I would hold off upgrading for a few weeks, or at least until we can find out reasons for some to end up with a dead aircraft.

@GB44 sorry for your troubles. It has really transformed mine and I could not be happier. No bookings till after new year now so if this blooming weather would clear up I could get out and give it a real task! Hope you get yours back ASAP. Just wish there was a reset .BIN file like there is for the RC. Think that would help people like you when a upgrade does not go good
@Aviator is there no reset bin for the AC? Your RC one sorted mine out when I originally had issues.

@GB44 sorry for your troubles. It has really transformed mine and I could not be happier. No bookings till after new year now so if this blooming weather would clear up I could get out and give it a real task! Hope you get yours back ASAP. Just wish there was a reset .BIN file like there is for the RC. Think that would help people like you when a upgrade does not go good
@Aviator is there no reset bin for the AC? Your RC one sorted mine out when I originally had issues.
yes I have mentioned this to DJI, a reset file would be useful and would alleviate the need to take the aircraft back to a dealer for resolution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorganDimo