Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware help

Reaction score
I have not been able to load firmware. When I look at inspire status it says latest firmware. But I have not been able to do firmware update. I loaded it on SD card and put it in the camera and turn everything on and nothing happens. Slow green lights ready to fly. Any input?

If the aircraft is green and linked to the remote control it sounds like it updated. Did you update the remote firmware too?

Are you transferring the entire update folder onto your SD card or are you opening the folder on your PC and transferring only the file marked as the .bin file? If you're transferring the whole folder over it won't work. You should only transfer the .bin file to your SD card.

Reactions: slim.slamma
I understand you have to update the remote too. I did but had issues with that part of the process, where the remote would not re-link to the aircraft. Turned out the USB thumb drive (containing the SD card and firmware) would not update the remote. I ended up physically connecting the remote to the gimbal using the supplied USB cable - update process ran as expected and remote re-linked to the aircraft on completion

For the record, I haven't upgraded the firmware. I'm waiting to see what problems people are having. That being said, the method that does seem to work is to upgrade the transmitter first, then the aircraft. The AC can be turned off during this. Apparently, the directions from DJI aren't clear.

Are you transferring the entire update folder onto your SD card or are you opening the folder on your PC and transferring only the file marked as the .bin file? If you're transferring the whole folder over it won't work. You should only transfer the .bin file to your SD card.
Out feel pretty stupid. I was was not opening the file as you said. I opened the flue and used the .bin file and it worked fine. Thanks for the help

Please make sure thats only the latest firmware files in in the sd card not with any older version in it together. I have the same issue but due to having the previous update in the sd card also and it will not recognise. After i deleted the earlier version only have the latest version it will update after that. Also must update the RC also if not it will not work.

Reactions: PB30X
Please make sure thats only the latest firmware files in in the sd card not with any older version in it together. I have the same issue but due to having the previous update in the sd card also and it will not recognise. After i deleted the earlier version only have the latest version it will update after that. Also must update the RC also if not it will not work.

Good Point!! Also save old firmware and all files via PC or Tablet... The only file that should be on the SD Card is the .bin file.. There can be others but no other bin files... This gives the cam an opportunity to see new updates to be downloaded hence why you are not seeing any updates needed tablet/iPad...

Updated both.... No issues on the Quad side.... Beep patterns were very clear. Took less than 10 minutes. .txt file confirms it was successful.... Nice touch. Updated the controller next. Used the Camera connected to the controller USB port for that one... Only issue was the Mini USB plug somehow didn't allow the camera to do it's full calibration... Upgrade had started already so I didn't want to stop it.... Killed me watching the camera bounce around trying to set itself up and couldn't because of the mini plug position... But it all ended well. Beeping stopped and blue light turned green.... Camera and gimbal are fine. I suggest if you use this method, make sure the camera can go through the whole calibration routine with the USB plugged in before you power on the controller to start the update. :) You can also go direct to the controller if you have a USB card reader handy.... I didn't. Won't have a chance to fly for a while due to weather here in DE.

You want to let the gimbal calibrate itself before plugging the cable into it.

I have not been able to load firmware. When I look at inspire status it says latest firmware. But I have not been able to do firmware update. I loaded it on SD card and put it in the camera and turn everything on and nothing happens. Slow green lights ready to fly. Any input?
Use this link and watch the updating firmware video: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/video

I completely messed up and had ALL THREE firmware versions on my sd card. Now the proper method will not work as the older versions are on the AC and I have no way of retrieving them I've tried to update with ONLY the 1.4 .bin file on the card and I get this back. I've also tried the two earlier ones, by themselves, to try to go back. No joy. My error message looks like this:

HELP!!!!

Attachments

• WM610_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 12
I completely messed up and had ALL THREE firmware versions on my sd card. Now the proper method will not work as the older versions are on the AC and I have no way of retrieving them I've tried to update with ONLY the 1.4 .bin file on the card and I get this back. I've also tried the two earlier ones, by themselves, to try to go back. No joy. My error message looks like this:
HELP!!!!
Try loading only the 1.3.0.0 .bin onto the MicroSD card and attempt to downgrade the firmware. If that is successful the try only the 1.4.0.10 .bin to get the latest standard. I only use one card (the supplied 16Gb) for all my updates. I have a folder called OldFW into which I put all my .bin files and move only the required one to the Root Directory as necessary.

Thanks Scotflieger. I've tried downgrading that way with both earlier versions to no avail. I've tried three different cards as well. Nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop