Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update Failure

Reaction score
Website
www.powerdronesales.com
Hi guys,
I currently own 2 I1's and have had issues with FW updates since update V01.02.01.03.
I keep getting fail on results. The birds start updating for about 10 minutes in and then I get that dreadful solid tone from the gimble. It appears they just freeze up. No matter how many times I try and re do, the results are the same. I tried updating the last version V01.02.01.06 as well and are still getting the same results (Fail). When I check all stats in the app, I get firmware is the latest and all specs look good. I am very familiar with updating my birds because I own several phantoms and other named platforms. My first I1 is a first generation bird before the all famous prop lock issues back in January. My second bird is only 3 months old. I have by chance did a test flight with both at about 10ft and they seem stable and all functions are working, However, I feel very doubtful not getting successful results. I have one advantage to diagnosing the issues. I have two birds to use. I have switched batteries, gimbles, new SD cards, etc. I'm hoping for some input here as I do not have time to sit on the phone with DJI and or have to send both birds in for a FW update matter. Any suggestions or possible fix would be great. I have read on some other threads that there are outside the box bin files on this fail issue. some work but some don't.
any suggestions or resolve would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Issue Resolved!!! And really just a stupid issue with the gimble socket. Both birds had a issue with the gimble socket pins bending once socket starts to wear. Make note of this as your bird ages with flights. You take gimble off and on for every flight, however the socket lock starts to wear and the pins do not alighn when locking gimble in. I talked to DJI and they said yes, Some of the inspires are having issues with the material used for the socket. (IE) Composite materials. They are addressing the issue as I post this final thread... Thanks to the forum, I have resolved this issue....
One thing I noticed, If the slide lock seems hard to lock in, then there is a problem with the data contact pins to gimble. Always inspect the pins before and after every flight! I believe it is in the main pre flight and post flight inspection sheet... Thanks Everyone!.
inspirebentpins.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Ouch! I wish her a speedy recovery!

I rarely take my cam off as she's always kept in landing mode.
I do remove the cam periodically to check for dust or whatever might creep in.

Come to think of it, the last time she was in travel mode was when I brought her home from the hobby shop that I bought her from.

Ouch! I wish her a speedy recovery!

I rarely take my cam off as she's always kept in landing mode.
I do remove the cam periodically to check for dust or whatever might creep in.

Come to think of it, the last time she was in travel mode was when I brought her home from the hobby shop that I bought her from.
Obviously you do not fly as much as many of us my friend. Many of us travel and use our birds for all the media we can get. They are working machines! And Must I say very delicate. Fly More! :O)

Obviously you do not fly as much as many of us my friend. Many of us travel and use our birds for all the media we can get.
Most who do have figured out that this is a fragile part, so transport their machine assembled to avoid the wear... :rolleyes:

BTW to get the pins in that state it isn't an issue of installing/removing frequently, it's that someone wasn't careful and twisted/rocked the camera to try and find the right angle where it would go in instead of properly aligning first and coming in straight.

Most who do have figured out that this is a fragile part, so transport their machine assembled to avoid the wear... :rolleyes:

BTW to get the pins in that state it isn't an issue of installing/removing frequently, it's that someone wasn't careful and twisted/rocked the camera to try and find the right angle where it would go in instead of properly aligning first and coming in straight.

I've stick a little bit of white tape on the front of my gimble to help line it up before locking. It's really something Dji should do, like on a lens for a DSLR camera.

I had the same experience when I tried to upgrade to ..x.x..06. In my case, what solved the issue was a full battery charge (the second battery in fact) and the upgrade completed without this sustained beeeeep.

The fact is that when I first powered up the I1 after 3 months of sleep, with the old firmware and the battery lights at 3/4, it did the initial tests and after 1 minute or so, it started to beep continuously. I tried to upgrade with the same battery but it failed as I said before. Meanwhile, the second battery completed the charging, I replaced and voila!

I still have to test the first battery, fully charged this time, as the problem might be lying there, I hope not.

Good news. Is that it's a $30 part and easy to change and available as a spare

More care needed. It's a fragile part on the inspire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool