Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware upgrade......still going after an hour

Reaction score
Hi guys

I upgraded my inspire pro's firmware a week ago. It was running the latest 1.6. I'm borrowing some batteries for a flight on Sunday so I thought I'd check to see if the new batteries are up to date. Apparently they required a upgrade so I put the WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60 back on the card and powered the drone up with the new battery.

The drone started the full firmware upgrade again. It's been beeping for over an hour.

I was under the impression that if the drone was up to date the file would just update the batteries firmware.

The app also told me to update the battery.

Any ideas?

This is going to sound like a stupid question - but what beep pattern? It beeps while updating and beeps differently when done. I have no real idea what to try if it's taking longer than it should but it suddenly struck me that maybe just maybe it's doing the "I'm done" beep?

It sound like a fast triple beep, then two beeps. kinda like BEEP..BEEP..BEEP......................BEEP....BEEP.

It's just repeating that, the app says everything is ok to fly but if i try and spin the prop I get "Fight simulator closed, please restart the aircraft"

I was using the flight simulator before i tired to do the update. But closed it.

It sound like a fast triple beep, then two beeps. kinda like BEEP..BEEP..BEEP......................BEEP....BEEP.

It's just repeating that, the app says everything is ok to fly but if i try and spin the prop I get "Fight simulator closed, please restart the aircraft"

I was using the flight simulator before i tired to do the update. But closed it.
If you are hearing 3 beeps it indicates that it is complete. The install is 4 beeps (DDDD) and the complete is D..DD with a brief parse between the first and the next two. I too have sat there waiting for it to finish when it already had.

yeah, all good now, its was the completion beep. It just didn't sound like a solid beep, rather a triple beep. Must be my ears since the girlfriend is just hearing one solid and two following.

Reactions: Scotflieger
yeah, all good now, its was the completion beep. It just didn't sound like a solid beep, rather a triple beep. Must be my ears since the girlfriend is just hearing one solid and two following.
Has gotten all of us at least once; truth be told!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are hearing 3 beeps it indicates that it is complete. The install is 4 beeps (DDDD) and the complete is D..DD with a brief parse between the first and the next two. I too have sat there waiting for it to finish when it already had.
I always wear my hearing aids

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy