Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

firmware upgrade trouble

Reaction score
Hi,
Haven't used my Inspire for a few months, but decided to blow the dust off and upgrade the firmware.
Last time I used it it was working fine.

Inspire 1 (originally with x3, now with x5) - was running firmware 1.4.0.10 (aircraft) and 1.1.0.40 (X5 camera)
RC was running 1.5.70 ( i think)

I first upgraded RC firmware to 1.7.40 using the Go app (Go app had updated itself on the iPad already)
I then attempted to upgrade aircraft/camera firmware to latest 1.09.01.30 via SD card.

Tried the usual upgrade process of turning on aircraft with SD card, but with RC off.
Aircraft didn't appear to commence upgrade process, and just sat there with yellow quick flash.
I eventually (5 minutes? maybe I was too impatient?) turned it off and tried again with no change.

I have tried downgrading again etc to various firmware versions, but the aircraft will not enter update mode, it just flashes yellow. With the RC on I can see the video but there is a "RC Signal Lost" error.

I then put the old X3 camera back on (with and without firmware upgrade on the SD card) and it has the same symptoms - there is video but no RC signal, just flashing yellow light.

I've always been careful with upgrades (I've had the inspire for a while) think I've messed up the order of things this time, and I'm not sure if/how I can recover. It seems that the aircraft firmware is corrupt and I can't force it to install firmware again.

any advice welcome...
thanks
Dave

No, but I've been busy with other things and haven't put much time into it since I posted.
Still keen on any advice or tips

Dave,
I finally got mine working. You have to make sure you're using the BIN file for the Inspire Pro if you're using the X5. The other bin files seem the same but will be ignored when you boot the Inspire. Update the Inspire and all your batteries, then update the radio. You may need to rebind the radio to the Inspire after updating the radio. Good luck

Reactions: Dave in Oz
No luck upgrading via the X5 with any bin files, but after a few attempts I've just successfully upgraded using the old X3 and the Inspire 1 (not pro, raw or x5) BIN file. Haven't flown it, but all symptoms and instruments look good.
I'm hoping that it'll now take an update through X5 to update the camera, but its time for a glass of wine so I'll do it with a clear head and full battery over the weekend.
thanks for your advice and interest picmaker, appreciated.

I've been able to upgrade with the X5 fitted.
My conclusion is that, being an Inspire 1 (not Pro, but an early aircraft now fitted with an X5), I had to upgrade the aircraft firmware using the X3 camera, before repeating again with the X5 camera (and as Picmaker has noted, ensuring I use the BIN file specific to the aircraft/camera, despite them all having the same file name...).
This may be just because I had missed a few firmware upgrades. Still haven't flown (too busy!), but looks OK.

Hello. I started a firmware downgrade from 1.7.40 to 1.6.0 on my slave controller because the sticks wouldn't respond. For the first time I forgot to turn on master and I1. Now the downgrade is stuck beeping around 41% it will move up to 52% and then drop back down. It's been 30 minutes now. My question is can I just power down and start over? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool