Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

First owner video

@Noel, no problem. Now let's get DJI to acknowledge it and tell us what they are doing about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Short answer, Lightbridge and size (stability and power). Long answer, perhaps you should peruse the forum and specs.
Assuming the OP was talking about recorded video, Lightbridge has nothing to do with it, just the quality of transmission video for FPV.

IMO, there are two things that make the recorded video quality on the inspire "better" than any GoPro. The main reason is the rectilinear lens. GoPros have fisheye lenses. Look at the horizon in the video in this post - it's almost flat. This same flight with a GoPro would have the horizon curved. You can certainly correct this in post but correcting is detrimental to the quality the image the farther out from center you go. Little to no need for perspective correction on video from a camera with a rectilinear lens. IMO, the lens is arguably more important than the camera sensor.

The second most important factor again IMO and as was pointed out, is the size and power of the Inpsire 1 versus a Phantom. It won't be as susceptible to being buffeted by the wind as much.

The ability to have full remote control of the camera, of exposure and settings, is possibly more important than the excellent lends, that really sets the Inspire above and beyond the capabilities of a GoPro or even DSLR platform.

Better than a GoPro setup? Almost definitely. Better than a DSLR? Not a chance in hell.
There is no way the Inspire will even hold a candle to the quality of video / photo I get from the Sony Nex7 or Nex5 I have hung from my S800 EVO.
For me, the Inspire will be a replacement for my Phantom and GoPro but will not be replacing the S800 as that's what I wheel out when absolute quality is required.

From Tahoe Ed

"Short video this afternoon as the snow started to fly. About 33F with 5-7mph winds. No ND filter. Shot at 1080x60 raw from card to Vimeo"

Looks soooo steady

Last edited:
Stability is nice... a bit iffy on that exposure, though. On the other hand, I know those are settable with the app, it could just be that Ed didn't bother to mess with those for his flight.

Stability is nice... a bit iffy on that exposure, though. On the other hand, I know those are settable with the app, it could just be that Ed didn't bother to mess with those for his flight.
Yeah, he didn't change any settings. He just concentrated on the flying.

Where is that lake ?. Oh what I'd do to be able to ride on that glassy water [emoji3]

Beautiful video.
Great filmography with the flyby the EXPAND. around 22 seconds in: Loved the shot coming down while moving parallel to the sign (EXPAND) and keeping the camera centered on it. that required 3 degrees of control, very well done!

Where is that lake ?. Oh what I'd do to be able to ride on that glassy water [emoji3]

I notice that house you can just make out on the promontory at 1:30 was used in the vaguely sci-fi thriller 2005 film Elecktra which was on TV here the other evening, although they used artistic licence in that she almost fired a crossbow into it from another house across the inlet which isn't actually there!
It's Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada - altitude is above 6000 feet too.

Nice vid, can you tell me the resolution this was shot at? please

Patiently awaiting my Inspire 1............

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6