Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

first video flight, jittery video

Reaction score
I'm sure I've screwed something up.. Lol I'm watching some video I shot today and its really choppy.2 seconds smooth then a jump, almost like a skip on a CD.

could this be caused by a shitty memory card. It's the stock one. I have a SanDisk extreme pro card coming tomorrow.

or is this a setup or hardware issue?

I'm sure I've screwed something up.. Lol I'm watching some video I shot today and its really choppy.2 seconds smooth then a jump, almost like a skip on a CD.

could this be caused by a shitty memory card. It's the stock one. I have a SanDisk extreme pro card coming tomorrow.

or is this a setup or hardware issue?
Pure, I have the same problem with any 4K camera setting. I have bought the fastest San Disk on the planet and it still jumps in 4k mode. I reduced the camera to 1080p 30 fps and everything smoothed out fine. I downloaded all the video files I shot to several Macbook Air and Macbook std and ACER windows 8 machines and I get the same jumpy video results in any 4K mode. I do know that others can shoot 4k video with no problem using the same or worst ScanDisk micro sd's with great results. It might be just a setting within the Inspire 1 but I have yet to figure it out. Someone suggested that this condition might be caused by my streaming the file directly from the sD micro but I always copied the files to the HD / solid state HD first. I have yet to ask "tech support" for help as I know their busy keeping these quad in the air for people and my current need for 4K video is nil at the present time. Anyone else have trouble with 4K skipping on their Inspire 1? Speak up please. Thanks heeps!

so I just did another flight and correct, in 1080 no issues. As soon as I go to 4k its jumpy and laggy.

For sampling I downloaded directly to my computers HDD on two separate computers to see if it was computer related and had same effect on both machines.

also on a side note/question when downloading from the card you gave to have power on, plus connecting the USB to the camera but I hate doing this with the power on because the gimble is constantly trying to track its last known position and I feel like I'm going to break the **** thing while connecting it. Or am I missing a step to disable it?

Choppy playback is usually due to an underpowered PC or poorly optimized video player software.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joola
Choppy playback is usually due to an underpowered PC or poorly optimized video player software.
I am using Macbook air below and Apple Final Cut Pro SW 10.1.4 and Macbook Pro and a high end ACER with Win8, all with same results.
13-inch : 256GB
Specifications
  • 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
  • Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • 4GB memory
  • 256GB PCIe-based flash storage1

I typically would think that but in this case the playback PC is a desktop I use for editing videos at work several times a week. Triple 4k monitors, bridged video cards, 32gb ram, 4k compatible dual quad core processors on each video card... Using adobe premier for viewing and editing... If there is something missing let me know so I can go.buy it... This is a little frustrating

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo