Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot App w/ Zenmuse X3 - 4K Video Quality

Reaction score
Hello All,
I couldn't find a related post regarding this so hopefully this will find users experiencing the same issue I have with the Pilot app displaying Very Poor to No video quality when shooting in 4K resolution.
I purchased my Inspire 1 back in March 2015 and have always had issues with the video feed when set to 4K resolution. As a result I rarely use this touted feature of the X3 for shooting videos. This is what happens every time, (1) video will go Green across half the screen for a couple of seconds, then it will display in blotchy patches, (2) the few times the video does finally come through there is Extreme latency with what the camera is showing and what the actual Live view should be. These defects also translate to the recorded video on the micro-sd during playback.
I figured it could have been related to the Read/Write speed of the micro-sd card I was using and upgraded to a 95mgbs write/read Lexmar, then Samsung, then SanDisk micro-sd card. All resulting in the same issues, No improvement. (So, it was not an SD card issue).
The pilot app was configured with Auto Channel selection for the video feed. The one thing I haven't tested so far is changing that to a manual selection during pre-flight configuration.
This seems like a pretty consistent problem, I also have a Phantom 2, which also presented Numerous issues with that FPV Setup but since there are so many components between the aircraft and the field monitor proved useless to troubleshoot that any further.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the Inspire 1 4K video recording? What did you do to resolve it?

Thank you for your time

Hello All,
I couldn't find a related post regarding this so hopefully this will find users experiencing the same issue I have with the Pilot app displaying Very Poor to No video quality when shooting in 4K resolution.
I purchased my Inspire 1 back in March 2015 and have always had issues with the video feed when set to 4K resolution. As a result I rarely use this touted feature of the X3 for shooting videos. This is what happens every time, (1) video will go Green across half the screen for a couple of seconds, then it will display in blotchy patches, (2) the few times the video does finally come through there is Extreme latency with what the camera is showing and what the actual Live view should be. These defects also translate to the recorded video on the micro-sd during playback.
I figured it could have been related to the Read/Write speed of the micro-sd card I was using and upgraded to a 95mgbs write/read Lexmar, then Samsung, then SanDisk micro-sd card. All resulting in the same issues, No improvement. (So, it was not an SD card issue).
The pilot app was configured with Auto Channel selection for the video feed. The one thing I haven't tested so far is changing that to a manual selection during pre-flight configuration.
This seems like a pretty consistent problem, I also have a Phantom 2, which also presented Numerous issues with that FPV Setup but since there are so many components between the aircraft and the field monitor proved useless to troubleshoot that any further.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the Inspire 1 4K video recording? What did you do to resolve it?

Thank you for your time

I had the same issue with my P3... I found that if the MSD card was full or poor signal I would have the same issue.

I dumped the card and it seemed to fix the problem...frustrating I know. So after s few flights you DL card and reformat??? I guess I gotta carry around Laptop of multiple cards...

I was using 32 FB cards

I just purchased the I 1Pro and went up to 64gb w 95 mgbs I'll keep fingers crossed

Reactions: Mirco Piccinato

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool