Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flashlight Mounted On Inspire

Reaction score
I bought a mini flashlight on amazon and stuck it on the Inspire with some heavy duty velcro. I plan to use it on a ranch to spot some wildlife during the night. It's REALLY bright and looks awesome. I have to calibrate the compass every time it is removed or attached, but as long as it is on the lower end of the nose the inspire seems to fly ok. I may impulse buy two more little ones and attach them to both sides of the landing gear. Ya know, create one giant flying spot light that gets mistaken for a UFO. Pics attached.IMG_2217.JPG IMG_2221.JPG IMG_2221.JPG

Reactions: amp
I'd like to see some video from the Inspire while running the light to see how effective it is. Cool add-on.

Reactions: sdjackaerial
I'll post a video as soon as I get a chance to try it somewhere decent. I don't think it would go over too well with the neighbors if I took off from my backyard. As tempting as it is...

I bought a mini flashlight on amazon and stuck it on the Inspire with some heavy duty velcro. I plan to use it on a ranch to spot some wildlife during the night. It's REALLY bright and looks awesome. I have to calibrate the compass every time it is removed or attached, but as long as it is on the lower end of the nose the inspire seems to fly ok. I may impulse buy two more little ones and attach them to both sides of the landing gear. Ya know, create one giant flying spot light that gets mistaken for a UFO. Pics attached.View attachment 469 View attachment 470 View attachment 470
Remember there are Antenna mounted inside each of the four the landing gear and metal flashlight in those areas may cause loss of signal strength from the controller. Also if you neighbors are PETA people they could claim animal rights infractions.!

Won't you scare off the wildlife with all the racket that it makes?? You'll need to design an audio stealth mode to get anywhere near wildlife with that :)

That would definitely extend your 'in view' distance though :D

Remember there are Antenna mounted inside each of the four the landing gear and metal flashlight in those areas may cause loss of signal strength from the controller. Also if you neighbors are PETA people they could claim animal rights infractions.!

There doesn't happen to be a picture somewhere that shows where the internal components of the Inspire are is there?

Well i just tried it last night to see how effective it is. It works really well under 100ft but unfortunately any higher and the camera can't pick up the low light. Looks pretty cool though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop