Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flight time too short?

Reaction score
Has anyone run into the ~20 min flight time as a limitation for their work with the I3?
I've gotten used to the Mavic 3 Cine's 40+ min flight times and I worry that by the time I fly to the location, I won't have much time for shooting.
I realize that for most people working on set this should not be an issue -- although I imagine that you won't be able to stay in the air for many takes even if the drone is within a few meters of the pilot.

20 minutes seems to be the standard flight time for the I3. I didn’t expect any great increase over the I2 and for most I am guessing that 20 minutes is enough. Of course longer flight times would be nice but increasing flight times on a 9lb inspire is much tougher than on a 2lb mavic

Last edited:
Reactions: Donnie Frank
I’m sure DJI capped the batt capacity at just under 100 kWH so you could fly with them on a commercial flight… but a larger battery would be welcome for those who don’t need to fly with the batteries.

Reactions: astrostar
Coming from the I2, Im used to it.

Any time I fly the M3C, the battery lasting for 35min + really spoils me.

Generally when you fly the likes of the I3, you need to be fairly close to what you want to shoot if you want to have more than 1 or 2 goes at getting the shot. You also really need to know what it is that youre trying to get.

Its much easier now tho than it was before because the transmission is far better so you can actually see what it is that youre doing.

Has anyone run into the ~20 min flight time as a limitation for their work with the I3?
I've gotten used to the Mavic 3 Cine's 40+ min flight times and I worry that by the time I fly to the location, I won't have much time for shooting.
I realize that for most people working on set this should not be an issue -- although I imagine that you won't be able to stay in the air for many takes even if the drone is within a few meters of the pilot.
You'll get used to it, I have 16 batteries now and that tends to hold me pretty well for a 2hr shoot. The image of the I3 is what you are sacrificing for battery time. Even the 4k quality on this drone is better than any other drone out there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aayushijain873