Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FLIR Vue thermal cam

I see the FLIR Vue have been shipped to clients from FLIR Goleta, CA
Should start seeing some results very shortly

Last edited:
While I'm not too hot on a stationary mount solution, it will still serve a purpose...Gotta start primitive I guess. So I've been looking at nickruss link to heliguys thermal solution. Very pricey stuff, We could buy 3 more inspires for what he's charging...I think we can do better for ourselves...especially since we can get the flir vue at $1700...The mount is nothing more than a 3d printed bracket...plus the vue just uses a simple 10pin usb connector, like the gopro, so hooking up to a tx isn't an issue, his setup looks like the old way where you had to use a vpc box to transmit a proper video signal.

Again...very good find nickruss, while I haven't spent much time with a thermal solution, your link got me thinkin

I'm new to this forum, I was going to ask about thermal/IR cameras, but this thread looks like has answered that. DJI or yourself need to make more accessories.

Just getting into 3D printing, looks like it's up to me.

Awesome!!! I'm not a very good designer but if you need some opinions post up what you come up with.

I really like the idea of the heliguy design, I think it's important to run both normal video and thermal. I just don't like that it sits at 45 degree angle, which in theory is enough to scope some homes/power lines whatever but yeah

Reactions: Guv
I just ordered a FLIR Vue 336 - Fast Version today.

Planning on also getting the rest of the gear real soon but I have question about power source.

Any ideas where to tap some power from the Inspire? If not, then I'll have to get a secondary power source.

Suggest you go Secondary with 5Amp 5V BEC as the Vue Shutter requires 2,5A on startup
Vue requires 4-6V, also need powerfeed for the Video TX

Suggest you go Secondary with 5Amp 5V BEC as the Vue Shutter requires 2,5A on startup
Vue requires 4-6V, also need powerfeed for the Video TX

Thanks and that is what I figured. Could you point me to a brand or product that could support the Gimbal and ImmerssionRC 600mw, as I believe the ImmerssioRC has a powerout for the VUE at 5V similar to the GoPro.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hmm maybe I should retract my suggestion as the Vue costs $1500, maybe should
get a better quality BEC for the expensive Vue

ImmersionRC Power output is 5V 300mA output (insufficient for Vue startup)
Immersion RC Power Input (6-25V) (2S6S Lipo)
I have purchased the NEEWER® 5A U-BEC Switching U-BEC Input 5-30V(2-8S Lipo 5-24Nimh) Output 5A 5V from Amazon to power the Vue from external battery

Actually FLIR suggest this setup. ;)

What are the FLIR Vue's power and video connections?
Vue has a 10-pin mini-USB connector that you can use to supply the camera with 5VDC power and get its analog video signal out. This connector has the same pinout as the GoPro 3/4 cables you can find from most leading drone supply and FPV retailers, so using one of those makes integration quite easy.

These cables take two basic forms – one has a combined ground, and the other uses discrete grounds for power and video.

For cables with a combined ground, like those for use with ImmersionRC and compatible video transmitters, the transmitter’s input/output cable provides a regulated 5VDC to the camera, while the same harness feeds video to the transmitter.

flirVue-FAQ1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah