Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fly over water,old problem new solution

Did I miss something? Never saw is deploy

Took the words right out of my mouth. They could've attached it to an old Phantom just to test it.

I also noticed that they don't mention or show 360° camera movement which, pending further testing, I assume is blocked by the bag ....<:^/

I might have mounted it on top of the bird so's not to impede the camera's movement 100%. That said... ASSUMING it deploys, it's certainly better than nothing.

D

Did I miss something? Never saw is deploy

hi everyone,

sadly in my country even if commercial insurance cover the loss, i still have to notify "the law" like if its a crashed helicopter.
so there are costs for rescue the carcass and so on.. i hate burocracy and i was looking for a simple solution to avoid it..just considering this one so i posted to see other pilots toughts...and ye we agree all the way but still there are other solutions.

i think the parachute ones its good enough, somewhere i seen other tests, on a phantom, wich keeps floating on water(not sure for an i2 wich is heavy compared to an phantom)

flying is a passion but, sometimes you have to think more than twice even if you are sure...

Although Restube itself seems to be the most reliable self-inflating safety buoy on the market recently, the developer failed to demonstrate the rigidity of holding device. The forces involved in Inspire's impact with water at 50mph speed are enormous, probably equal to hard landing on the ground. It is unlikely that the float will remain attached to Inspire's belly without additional steel linkage ... There's absolutely no reason to sacrifice a drone just to provide convincing proof of sufficiency. Primitive 4.5 kg weighing wooden mockup (but ballasted properly to make it sinkable), thrown off a speedboat will do just fine ... I remains skeptical until then :)...

Last edited:
Like 99.8% of viewers, I didn’t make it past 45 seconds, and even that was too slow moving to hold my attention, then I saw it was 9 minutes! Just show the thing in action, otherwise lose viewers and lose sales.

Even if I saw it work, how is this different than other similar products? And better yet, how is this better than using the tried and true method of using pool noodles that allow you to actually LAND on water with NO damage?

Although Restube itself seems to be the most reliable self-inflating safety buoy on the market recently, the developer failed to demonstrate the rigidity of holding device. The forces involved in Inspire's impact with water at 50mph speed are enormous, probably equal to hard landing on the ground. It is unlikely that the float will remain attached to Inspire's belly without additional steel linkage ... There's absolutely no reason to sacrifice a drone just to provide convincing proof of sufficiency. Primitive 4.5 kg weighing wooden mockup (but ballasted properly to make it sinkable), thrown off a speedboat will do just fine ... I remains skeptical until then :)...
Car companies demolish dozens of cars to improve their safety features; I was thinking along the same lines as that if you want to prove its effectiveness.

Like 99.8% of viewers, I didn’t make it past 45 seconds, and even that was too slow moving to hold my attention, then I saw it was 9 minutes! Just show the thing in action, otherwise lose viewers and lose sales.

Even if I saw it work, how is this different than other similar products? And better yet, how is this better than using the tried and true method of using pool noodles that allow you to actually LAND on water with NO damage?
You've missed the purpose of this device totally ... It was developed to merely holds the remains on water surface after destructive collision, not to land with no damage. No float will protect the drone in case of hard landing. Controlled landing on water is no brainer whatsoever, crash landing is ...

You've missed the purpose of this device totally ... It was developed to merely holds the remains on water surface after destructive collision, not to land with no damage. No float will protect the drone in case of hard landing. Controlled landing on water is no brainer whatsoever, crash landing is ...
I may have missed that. Most likely because the video was 8:55 too long.

this summer i hope to start a basic scuba diving course then an open water one..at this point my best back up its me ?..another expensive achievement. but as drone pilot and photographer i lacked the underwater part totally. even not as professionali think its a nice world...a new start ! wish me luck and find customers with big wallets, also to everyone else here too ?!

Agreed with all the criticisms above: a.) the video played while I listened to CBS news about more important issues in the world....its a video that treats drone pilots as idiots..We all know the issues. Cut to the chase! We don't need scare scenarios for the first 5 minutes of their promo vid. The issue whether the float device will remain aboard in case of a failure of rotors, motors or telemetry is unresolved and a good point. Whether the placement allows for full rotation of gimble is also unresolved. Does the device set up any aerodynamic vibration, that could affect flight, or final video? Not addressed other than inconsequential flight footage. The biggest value of any float system is retrieval of storage devices whether SSD or otherwise that may be have unrepeatable production images. Saving the drone is brilliant. Saving production footage is important as well, if the storage media isn't shaken out of the crashed drone. (loved the orange flight suits of the German guys tho.) Now do i go back and cut up my green pool noodes? attaching to IN2 landing struts? Certainly light weight...but restrictive?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop