Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fly without iPad or phone

Reaction score
Just wondering...... can you fly the Inspire 1 or 2 without an iPhone or iPad. There seems to be enough lights to give all pre flight indications of GPS, battery level and connection.
Just wondering.

You can, but you'll need your wits about you as you've no camera view and you won't be able to see any warnings/alerts other than the limited set given by the aircraft status indicator.

If you want to see what it's like, then fly the I2 with the RC connected to your tablet, then disconnect the usb cable from the tablet. That way you can see what happens, but be able to restore the DJIGo control by plugging the cable back in.

I'd actually recommend everyone tries it at some point, if only to experience what happens when you fully loose your tablet/connection - worth it just so you don't panic when it happens unexepectedly ;)

Do keep in mind that without a device running the DJI GO app you will not be aware of any of the "minor" alerts that would show in the DJI GO App. If there is a major issue the aircraft wouldn't allow you to takeoff when doing doing your CSC command but with minor things you could still be able to takeoff but would not be aware of these without a viewing device. Just something to keep in mind...

Yes, and not only in theory (;)).

The Inspire1 is totally capable to be flown with just the remote.
You miss the telemetry of course. But keeping an eye on the tail lights (and knowing what they tell you) you should be able to fly safely. In fact, it is a very good practise to be able to control your craft without telemetry and camera feed.

Be sure to have everything checked, calibrated and set up, using the app, before you go fly without it (naturally).

Last edited:
Word to the wise, maybe just hit the home button but still have it connected incase something goes wrong [emoji6]
You can, but you'll need your wits about you as you've no camera view and you won't be able to see any warnings/alerts other than the limited set given by the aircraft status indicator.

If you want to see what it's like, then fly the I2 with the RC connected to your tablet, then disconnect the usb cable from the tablet. That way you can see what happens, but be able to restore the DJIGo control by plugging the cable back in.

I'd actually recommend everyone tries it at some point, if only to experience what happens when you fully loose your tablet/connection - worth it just so you don't panic when it happens unexepectedly ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using InspirePilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez