Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

flying and battery levels

Reaction score
I have noticed for awhile now that each time i fly the batteries are always at 65%,now the period of time between when i charge and when i fly could be a week.
I have 2 47's and one 48
I find that odd as the phantom 2 batteries are not like that

I have noticed for awhile now that each time i fly the batteries are always at 65%,now the period of time between when i charge and when i fly could be a week.
I have 2 47's and one 48
I find that odd as the phantom 2 batteries are not like that
Hey wood man...
You can adjust your time to discharge rate in the pilot app from 7 down to 1 day..
seems like yours must be starting to discharge right away...
At first the phantom batteries didn't have the automatic discharge feature. .
I believe it came out around the time of the p2v+v3 ..
also make sure you fully charge your batteries before flying or you run the risk of having a malfunction resulting in a unwanted landing...

Reactions: sirnikolas
Hey wood man...
You can adjust your time to discharge rate in the pilot app from 7 down to 1 day..
seems like yours must be starting to discharge right away...
At first the phantom batteries didn't have the automatic discharge feature. .
I believe it came out around the time of the p2v+v3 ..
also make sure you fully charge your batteries before flying or you run the risk of having a malfunction resulting in a unwanted landing...
Do the batteries build up heat when they auto discharge. should I take them out of the hard case?

when you mention to fly on fully charged batteries do you mean before a flight you top them up as i always charge the batteries after they cool down and then use them for a flight but i don't put them back on the charger before the actual flight.
Can you add to this? ...thanks

Do the batteries build up heat when they auto discharge. should I take them out of the hard case?
I don't believe the batteries make a significant amount of heat when they discharge although you might want to store them away from anything flammable. .
some pilots use old ammo cans, with vents ,to store their batteries in ..
I've also seen a cinder block storage center with a couple of batteries in a compartment. ..
I remember a couple threads about battery storage so i did a search but it didn't yield much..

when you mention to fly on fully charged batteries do you mean before a flight you top them up as i always charge the batteries after they cool down and then use them for a flight but i don't put them back on the charger before the actual flight.
Can you add to this? ...thanks
As long as you fly before they start to auto discharge you don't need to top them off..
According to the editor it's best to store your batteries at 50% or 3.8v per cell then charge before flying...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk