Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying In Spain

Reaction score
I'm going away on holiday to Mallorca and really want to take my Inspire with me - however I can't seem to find any clear materials which state flying for recreational purpose/hobby is permitted. (There is many an article on the use of 'drone' or commercial use being disallowed).

Has anyone had any experience flying in Spain or know of any backup documentation?

Thanks

Adam

Reactions: Ascender
Hi, in Spain regulation is under way for commercial flights and for drones above 2.5kg.
As it has not yet been approved there is no regulation and you are free to fly your quadcopter.

As people in Spain are pretty relaxed (thank god) nobody will ever tell you anything about your Phantom /Inspire if you fly it prudently and not putting anyone at risk, so enjoy!

Can they not say there is breach of airspace by flying the 'aircraft' without an approval?

there are only 2 things you need to worry about, stay bellow 400feet and don't fly within 5km of a main airport and 2/3km of a secondary airport.

if you fly for hobby there is no regulation but common sense, don't fly in cities or near crowds (they can charge you for disturbing people if someone complains)

for commercial flying you need an drone operators license and a pilot license.

there is also protected wildlive you should not fly anywhere near protected wild live

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Excellent many thanks for clearing up a few things.

It was for a mate's wedding, so I may just go without the quad.

Gracias

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth