Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

For New Zealand Based Operators

Reaction score
Thanks to new ******* laws by our Government that come into effect on the 1st August its impossible for us to use the Inspire or Phantoms etc as a hobby. Not interested in jumping through all the hoops to become a commercial operator - so everything I have is now up for sale. Here is a list of what I have. New Zealand based buyers only.

I have Inspire1, 2 x transmitters, 1 GoPro flight ready case, 6 x batteries, 5 sets of props, 1 x smart power charge for 4 Inspire batteries, 2 x plug in normal battery chargers, 1 x cinemizer FPV goggles.

It's going to make it awkward, but i have a farm I fly around on so I'm ok for now...
How much would you want for the smart power charger?

Thanks to new ******* laws by our Government that come into effect on the 1st August its impossible for us to use the Inspire or Phantoms etc as a hobby. Not interested in jumping through all the hoops to become a commercial operator - so everything I have is now up for sale. Here is a list of what I have. New Zealand based buyers only.

I have Inspire1, 2 x transmitters, 1 GoPro flight ready case, 6 x batteries, 5 sets of props, 1 x smart power charge for 4 Inspire batteries, 2 x plug in normal battery chargers, 1 x cinemizer FPV goggles.
Hey mate, as I understand it you will still be able to fly as a hobby. See this summery from www.airshare.co.nz on the changes:
https://www.airshare.co.nz/news/new-rules-uavs-their-way

As long as you operate within the rules of Part 101 (which applies to all hobby flight and to which we all had to adhere from day 1), Part 102 (the new rules taking effect 1 August) does not apply to you, so you can fly as you used to.

Don't give up man! Fly!

Hey mate, as I understand it you will still be able to fly as a hobby. See this summery from www.airshare.co.nz on the changes:
https://www.airshare.co.nz/news/new-rules-uavs-their-way

As long as you operate within the rules of Part 101 (which applies to all hobby flight and to which we all had to adhere from day 1), Part 102 (the new rules taking effect 1 August) does not apply to you, so you can fly as you used to.

Don't give up man! Fly!

This is how I read it too ferdi. Hopefully this is the case as I can imagine applying for the cert could be quite a nightmare. We wait with baited breath....

This is how I read it too ferdi. Hopefully this is the case as I can imagine applying for the cert could be quite a nightmare. We wait with baited breath....
Yeah, it really isn't a big deal. From where I stand it makes me feel safer cause I fly commercially and I DO NOT want to screw up and get that NZ$30K fine :eek: or cause any drama for the community at large.

Also, it actually makes it easier for me to perform sheltered operations (when the need arrises), because after 1 Aug I won't need to get ATC clearance to perform those operations.

For me it's better than the Australian system where, as I understand it, I'd have to spend AU$10K to get my business and myself certified to fly commercially. We have a small business and that would cripple our cashflow!

Regulations are never fun and if everyone could just be responsible we wouldn't need them, but alas, we see more and more proof of the lack of basic common sense amoung flyers.

I don't think we need to fear the changes. Embrace it and work with it.:D

Reactions: andymac4182

How much for the 4 way charger? I am in Auckland

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo