Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Forewarned is forearmed: Launch and land from PA State Game lands is Prohibited

Like everything else, there should be exceptions though (and a process to procure such exceptions). If I can prove (via a comprehensive operations plan) that I won't harm/harass/disturb wildlife, be a pain-in-the-***/ear to people on the ground, nor pose an unmitigated risk of e-waste/damage to environment/property damage, there should be a repeatable, non-arbitrary process for obtaining such approvals. We're not quite there yet, but I have a few park approvals underway. This usually means written letters and permit forms. In a gleaming future, this could be done online with instant approval or rejection, but as I said we're not there yet...

Cheers

I agree and there are or can be many things that scientists and rangers might use drones for the betterment of the park and science. Taking samples in the middle of a thermal pool would be next to impossible without something like a drone and as the technology evolves I see even more applications for drones. I think we'll see research drones within 5 years that have SAR radar to image the ground and provide 3D data to help monitor the movement of the ground in places like Yellowstone. The range of applications is large now and growing every day.

But, for civilians, the need to fly drones is far less and if the only beneficiary is the drone pilot or there company then I don't see a reason to grant permission. Frankly, if all one needed was to request it then we'd be right back to the swarm of buzzing drones. OTH, if it were a more embracive idea such as an episode of Planet Earth, I think it should be possible to get permission and frankly, I believe it is possible, thought REAL HARD.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide