Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Found a useful media browser for Mac

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
Coming from a photography background where I've got several hundred thousand images indexed & quickly searchable through metadata in a live database, I've found the video side of things frustratingly lacking when it comes to being able to get organised and quickly review footage/tag it with metadata. Having to fire up FCPX or Premiere to do the job is just too long a process & too much of a hassle having to ingest the footage first! Finder Preview is ok, but slow and doesn't work well for me.

I was really happy to find a bit of software called Kyno from Lesspain software. It's not a full blown MAM and doesn't try to be, but it's made the initial review of the video footage so much easier and quicker, and you're able to tag footage with keywords, descriptions etc quite easily, and then filter clips using those tags later. You can even review footage and set multiple in-out points and have those exported across to FCP as clips - means you can quickly cut the cr@p ;) and don't have to import it. One of my Mac's is long in the tooth (10yrs :( ) and wouldn't play 4K footage without massively stuttering/dropping frames, but Kyno's viewer means it'll show the clips without too many issues.

You can also quickly transcode and conform without going via FCP etc and there's a few other useful features.

There's a free 14 day trial, but it made life so much easier, that I decided to buy it after a couple of hours playing. There's a discount offer (15%) on until the end of the month - do a web search and you should find a couple of them - I won't link to them as I'm not sure if that would break forum guidelines. - BTW, the 25% ones aren't valid :(

I'm not associated with Kyno in anyway or form - just happy to have some software that works and makes things easier. Hopefully it might make life easier for some of you too :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu