Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Full Gimbal Control, Solo baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again sometimes it's the rules that are wrong and need to evolve... and in this case for me that's what it is.
Based on 13 years of FPV experience I would say if you do it right flying FPV is actually better and safer than LOS with difficulties from perspective and much less accurate "sensation" for what the craft is doing.
I can only count one "crash" I did due to FPV operation, where I stupidly backed into a tree... which LOS pilots do too. On the other hand I have countless occurrences where flying FPV has saved the day thanks to the better situational awareness, better feel for aircraft problems etc.
FPV is safe, as long as you're looking forward

It doesn't really matter what opinion I have on this matter, fact remains: if you're 'flying the gimbal' you're not flying the craft at that moment. If you can't have LOS because you're painstakingly tracking an object with your sticks (on the second controller), while watching you're screen, you're breaking the rules. I know, with (a lot of) experience it can be almost perfectly safe, but:

You will not be ensured for any damage and completely liable for the consequences, if anything goes wrong. A hobby pilot may get away with it, but a professional operation requires a team with observer/spotter anyhow. So why not have a second person operate the gimbal.

You will not be ensured for any damage and completely liable for the consequences if anything goes wrong.

dude what the heck? do you have a point other then all flying is bad?

i have both hands on the master controller and 2 fingers on the slave. i can put my entire left hand on the slave remote and still have full control over the aircraft except for altitude.

by your logic every phantom out there is wrong because they are a solo filming platform, what do you have to say about all those people including yourself? fly the aircraft and NEVER look the screen? dude GTFO i wanna see your AMA membership card right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669