Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fw 1.05+ will finally stop Follow me working for Inspire in DJI GO

Reaction score
Anyone who has an Inspire with follow me working in DJI GO be warned that it will not work anymore if you install any 1.05+ firmware.

And yes there are Inspire existing where follow me does work in DJI GO.

1.05 firmware is included in

1.05.00.11 SDK firmware for all 3rd party apps
1.00.00.30 Inspire Pro firmware

and next normal Inspire firmware probably 1.05.00.12 which is the only one of these three which is not available now. And its better to warn before then after its here.

As I am giving money to DJI for a product and not they give me something for free for testing I expect full functionality and I dont care what they intend or not if their CEO wants to fly himself with limited stuff its his thing - I dont!

Probably he can also answer you why DJI calls a 01.04.00.30 bin 1.4.30 and if its a retrograde firmware.

Follow me is not an issue for me I didnt use it anyway just tested on several devices if it works. But maybe its more important for someone else and thats why I have written this.

Anyone who has an Inspire with follow me working in DJI GO be warned that it will not work anymore if you install any 1.05+ firmware.

Why R U being followed? "DJI GO" I guess I'm not in the know since my severe accident in July, only to return home to find out my brand new Inspire-1 with less than 20 fricking hours of flying got nicked by some lowlife!! Actually I'm still restricted to s bed until Feb/ April at the soonest.
This is my first post since I was admitted to the hospital.
So Machoman fill me in on what the deal is with what your comments referred too??
Thx
Moose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you really want follow me function...purchase a Yuneec product...nearly impossible to turn off.

Unless you are an outdoor athlete trying to film yourself doing something cool

In which case I would say you have no control over your rotorcraft in the event something happens, if you are doing something cool ask a buddy to take over or get a fellow operator to do the shoot for you

In which case I would say you have no control over your rotorcraft in the event something happens, if you are doing something cool ask a buddy to take over or get a fellow operator to do the shoot for you

+1

All the autonomy and safety features of new systems are giving people the false sense that nothing bad can happen because it's all computer controlled. What many of us fail to understand is that these are consumer products they're not 100% reliable (nothing is) and there are going to be anomalies that will one day cause a crash. People just need to be more careful and use common sense :(

This is one of the reasons why there's so much bad press on uas now :(

Hi All,
Extremely disappointed with this news. I have just purchased an I1 V2.0 and the 'Follow Me' function was one of the reasons/attractions for buying the I1. I could really see myself using this function (responsibly) and I would like an explanation for why it is not available.
All the videos out there showing the mode being utilised on an I1 are false advertising. Why?

Hi All,
Extremely disappointed with this news. I have just purchased an I1 V2.0 and the 'Follow Me' function was one of the reasons/attractions for buying the I1. I could really see myself using this function (responsibly) and I would like an explanation for why it is not available.
All the videos out there showing the mode being utilised on an I1 are false advertising. Why?
Follow me IS available via third party apps just not through the DJI Go app (although it is currently due to a 'bug':rolleyes:).
Due to safety reasons DJI deemed it inappropriate to have a 3kg aircraft controlled and tethered via a 'Follow Me' style GPS link which is flakey at best. IMO a very sensible decision.

If you have an issue with this can I suggest you take it up with DJI directly?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I doubt I'd get anywhere taking it up directly with DJI but you are right, it is not the forum's problem. I was just a little shocked and was having a whinge. If functions are flakey then they definitely shouldn't be used.
I suppose I would rather the follow me mode not even appear in the DJI Go app if I'm not allowed to use it.
All the best

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I doubt I'd get anywhere taking it up directly with DJI but you are right, it is not the forum's problem. I was just a little shocked and was having a whinge. If functions are flakey then they definitely shouldn't be used.
I suppose I would rather the follow me mode not even appear in the DJI Go app if I'm not allowed to use it.
All the best
No problem:)
If you really do want the follow me function it is available via numerous third party apps.

Reactions: jon b
All the best

Groover49 ... DJI GO app is used by other DJI multicopters as the Phantom 3 (where there is follow me) and the Matrix 100

Marnix

No problem:)
If you really do want the follow me function it is available via numerous third party apps.
Agreed, DJI has made it possible for you to use third party apps in place of, and in some cases concurrently with DJI Go to add functionality to your Inspire. IMO follow me is less appealing than "locking-on" a subject and flying around it while the camera keeps it centered (or framed as you choose). Hard to so that single handed as-is. Besides, use an inspire for high priced selfies?

Yep, I'm OK with the decision. Never used it on my Inspires once.

A digression... I just canceled my funding of Lily Camera for the same reason. I like to fly, frame and shoot myself.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry