Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread

Thanks Steve

What you have described is exactly my work flow when updating my firmware.
I omitted a lot of details for brevity of the post.

Confirmation from DJI......Test it for yourself, its pretty easy and safe to do in an open area!
To Inspire owners

I just tested the RTH Height is NOT RETAINED!! Dji is totally wrong and this BUG is Dangerous!!

For everyone: You must enter return to home Altitude manually EACH time after you turn off the the Bird and tablet!! Under the latest firmware IT RESETS to 0 after power cycle!! If you have a signal loss the bird will take a straight path to your home at current height and MAY collide with any obstruction in the way!!

arun mehta

Last edited:
Editor,

I just tested the RTH Height is NOT RETAINED!! Dji is totally wrong and this BUG is Dangerous!!

For everyone: You must enter return to home Altitude manually EACH time after you turn off the the Bird and tablet!! Under the latest firmware IT RESETS to 0 after power cycle!! If you have a signal loss the bird will take a straight path to your home at current height and MAY collide with any obstruction in the way!!

arun mehta

Now you know how it behaves - it is not as dangerous is it? Since you now have a reference to work to and you can predict it's reaction.

Please explain your test procedure.
Height set, distance from home point, height flown to activated etc.

Last edited:
Okay so today, I had an issue where the video dropped out, the whole app basically said disconnected, no video, still had control of the ac. I think this is the same problem I had on the previous fw and app version, had this happen twice on the same battery within seconds of each other. Not a big deal or anything but not sure if others are still having this issue.

Reactions: Northcoast
I don't know if this is an android app issue or a FW issue. If I take off manually, then land manually, the app does not show the auto takeoff symbol. It stays as the auto land symbol. Anyone else notice this?

Also, is anyone reporting these issues to DJI? Does the Editor know if DJI is listening in on this post?

I don't know if this is an android app issue or a FW issue. If I take off manually, then land manually, the app does not show the auto takeoff symbol. It stays as the auto land symbol. Anyone else notice this?

Also, is anyone reporting these issues to DJI? Does the Editor know if DJI is listening in on this post?
I have noticed the same thing. Can't get to the auto takeoff mode after a manual landing (Android app).

Sorry, the IOS for Ipad mini 2 and Air 2 works 100% for me, a 10X overall improvement over the Jan and Feb two FW upgrades. No video loss at all!

Just a IOS application and RC Data Point.

Best regards,
Steve

Not 100% sure, however the Set Home point to RC bug is still out there. Not mentioned in latest release notes and not functioning during my tests.

Have anyone tried that or is it me only?

Not 100% sure, however the Set Home point to RC bug is still out there. Not mentioned in latest release notes and not functioning during my tests.

Still faulty unfortunately.

Same for me. Tried yesterday.

There is never any hint about availability of anything with DJI. Can just as much be tomorrow or next year.

We're experiencing the explosion of a startup co giving great value to their products, IMHO because of good to exceptional engineering skills and fast development pace.

Keeping up with this frenzy pace is a dangerous and risky path, if you stumble you will fall. Making sure you deliver what you promise is far more better, even if it doesn't please us all.

These are my assumptions, whatever the case I hope what they do is based on a serious - and feasible - plan, we've put a lot of cash here.

Still faulty unfortunately.

I think when people are discussing their issues that they mention whether they are using IOS or Android. This may help narrow down issues that may be app related. For instance, the resetting of home point to my RC works OK for me (android). I tried this half dozen times and it worked for me every time. If people are reporting this as a bug, then maybe it is an IOS app bug and not a firmware issue. In fact, it cannot be a firmware issue if it is working for me.

I think when people are discussing their issues that they mention whether they are using IOS or Android. This may help narrow down issues that may be app related. For instance, the resetting of home point to my RC works OK for me (android). I tried this half dozen times and it worked for me every time. If people are reporting this as a bug, then maybe it is an IOS app bug and not a firmware issue. In fact, it cannot be a firmware issue if it is working for me.

I tested it on my Samsung S4 android with no success. I will test it on an iOS (iPad Air 2) and post back. However, the GPS module sits inside the RC so if it isn't an app issue, not getting the values correctly, it must be the RC firmware OR a problematic RC specific stock.

I'm not sure if this is related to the firmware or the app (seems more app related)....But I had an issue yesterday (after upgrading and flying for the first time) where the app lost signal, I didn't lose control of the aircraft, the app didn't crash but just experienced a loss of signal (video cut out and displayed "signal disconnect" app was still open though) I've never had this happen prior to upgrading which led me to think it could be fw related, only had it happen once out of the 4 batteries that I ran through it and only lasted 10-15seconds maybe.

Again, could've just been a fluke thing..but thought I would share

I had the same issue yesterday when flying for the first time in a few days. It was a momentary thing, fortunately, and something I've never seen before, but I have yet to update the FW. So I'm thinking it's App update related. On The FW update subject...when I got the alert that a new FW update was available, I got the cold sweats...well, at least figuratively. The last one was a nightmare for me. After only having my I-1 for a little over a month, I updated the aircraft fine, but the Tx wouldn't read the file (despite every trick and tool I read about and tech support suggested. I was "bricked out".

Fast forward 6 weeks later, after getting it back from DJI, with everything working fine, here comes another FW update. Does anyone know if there are any reports of similar problems updating this version. It's not a reach to understand my anxiety with this process. Maybe I'm missing something, but it sure would be nice if DJI would email some kind of newsletter or bulletin out to the drone owners with a "heads up" about what's coming and why, and a little blurb on what's been corrected/improved. I'm not really into the whole Christmas morning thrill of the present un-wrap thing here, where the only clue that something is going on is that my App has a new background image and it talks to me, followed by the dreaded red-triangle with an exclamation point inside it letting me know my FW is now out of date. What if I were halfway around the world in some remote location filming the courtship ritual of a Himalayan Yak and there are issues with surprise FW updates?

Reactions: Maurice
I tested it on my Samsung S4 android with no success. I will test it on an iOS (iPad Air 2) and post back. However, the GPS module sits inside the RC so if it isn't an app issue, not getting the values correctly, it must be the RC firmware OR a problematic RC specific stock.

My android device that this worked on is a Samsung Tab S 8.4 which I believe has its own GPS. Therefore, I wonder if the reason it works for me is that it is using my tablet GPS and not the RC GPS like it was supposed to. When I get a chance I will try it on my S4 which does not have its own GPS (as I understand it at least).

My android device that this worked on is a Samsung Tab S 8.4 which I believe has its own GPS. Therefore, I wonder if the reason it works for me is that it is using my tablet GPS and not the RC GPS like it was supposed to. When I get a chance I will try it on my S4 which does not have its own GPS (as I understand it at least).

S4 has GPS as well. Anyway, for the shake of a bigger screen, I purchased a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 just yesterday, for a number of reasons an iPad is not my choice (i.e. no SD card). I'll post my findings when I get the chance to go out and fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu