Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread

A bit concerning:

Several folks in the FB group are reporting incidents where you lose signal, tablet goes black or reboots by itself and is accompanied by a red light on the radio like the I1 is off.

Several have reported to DJI with logs.

Fyi.
Thanks - I have seen two reports of RC 'turning off' but I do not have any confirmation of this.
Is this since the new android app release the other day with 'director' added or are these cases only happening with users running iOS?

I will keep a watch out

Last edited:
Thanks - I have seen two reports of RC 'turning off' but I do not have any confirmation of this.
Is this since the new android app release the other day with 'director' added or are these cases only happening with users running iOS?

I will keep a watch out

Seems like many of the (5-6) reports of this on FB are using iOS, but that might or might not be relevant since it's such a small sample.

Reactions: zulu
Another issue I think we have that may not be new since the latest FW but is a pretty bad user experience is video cutting out on the 2nd controller.

The cutting out video of the 2nd remote is possibly a bug. One thing to try is to use "custom" for channel on both remotes and set them yourself. This was a suggested workaround from Tahoe Ed)

My theory is that the bug is that when "auto" channel section is used and the aircraft and master in triller decide on a new stronger channel to switch to, the master doesn't properly propagate that info to the 2nd controller.

Hopefully they'll fix this at some point.

Don't know if anybody else has reported this anywhere but since my firmware update I am unable to see thumbnail previews of the shots I take. These are all .DNG files. Was able to preview them the day before and not now. Anybody got any ideas. I am running a Mac 27" The first pic is showing the preview in Finder one day.

The second pic is showing my Finder view from the next days flightView attachment 1230

Now from the very next day

View attachment 1231

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks guys
Download the latest codec from Adobe. It fixed my exact same problem.

Another issue I think we have that may not be new since the latest FW but is a pretty bad user experience is video cutting out on the 2nd controller.

The cutting out video of the 2nd remote is possibly a bug. One thing to try is to use "custom" for channel on both remotes and set them yourself. This was a suggested workaround from Tahoe Ed)

My theory is that the bug is that when "auto" channel section is used and the aircraft and master in triller decide on a new stronger channel to switch to, the master doesn't properly propagate that info to the 2nd controller.

Hopefully they'll fix this at some point.
i would hope they fix this soon as the second remote is my camera man or woman and if he or she cant see what there shooting what is the point it makes a two shot take into five or six really annoying!!

Reactions: damoncooper
Well after I was told by DJI Service Center in the USA, that it would be 6 weeks until they could troubleshoot and reflash my Inspire after the 1.2.1.0 firmware failed to install correctly, I went and purchased a 2nd Inspire. The 2nd bird came with firmware 16, so I had to try and install the latest firmware again. As I did exactly on my first bird, I followed all the recommended procedures and this time, the firmware completed install with success! At least I have something to fly over the next 6 weeks.
One thing I noticed after installing the 1.2.1.0 firmware on the 2nd bird, is that when flying in forward direction at relatively fast speeds, the altitude begins to drop steadily. This is with my left stick sitting completely at the center and never touching it. It is very consistent and will drop about 10 ft. over the distance of about 50 yards. I keep having to give it throttle up corrections to keep it in level flight. Has anyone else seen this or is it just the natural behavior of the Inspire 1? Everything else seems to be working great with the 2nd bird.
+2

although i still have fw .17 i have the same experience and sometimes even almost lost the bird by flying REALLY close to something because of that...
my bird wont update neither but works on the current fw so i will make some money first and buy another one later an do the update...

Lost video yesterday for the first time in like 15+ flights with the new firmware. I thought I would share what happened. I took off and maybe 15 seconds into the flight I lost video and all data (battery status, position and such.) I was in clear sight of the AC and thought it may come back after a few seconds, it never did. So I landed the AC, powered down and powered up. Got a connection as far as the light on the RC, but still no video. I powered down, removed and changed the battery. Disconnected and reconnected the camera. Powered back up. Still no video. Stopped the app on my Android tablet and when restarted it, got video back.

So, in my case, this seems to be the App. Haven't been watching this thread too closely, so this may not be news to anyone else, but thought it may be useful to share.

As a side note, after taking the AC airborne I started recording video (4K 30FPS). after about 15-30 seconds, I got a warning that the SD card was not fast enough and video recording would be stopped. This is the same card I have been using since day one of purchasing the Inspire. It's 1 64GB card and was about 3/5 full.

Sorry if this issues has been reported before. It has to do with the RC turning itself off. I'm reporting what happened to me for reference. Continue to read only if you care to see what happened in my experience.

Ok, so I flew today a very short flight at my house after installing 1.1.0 of the Android app. Had issues getting a good video connection but after the third power cycle and removing and reinserting the camera a few times I was able to get a decent connection. I flew just a few minutes then went to the beach to get the sunset. This is where things got INTERESTING....

Started with a fresh battery launched and flew for about 4-5 minutes. Went up to about 250 ft and flew over some trees and about 500ft away. All of a sudden I lost signal. I figured it was just the video as this is what has happened several times before. I figured no big deal, I'll just fly her back. But this time I had no control. the AC started to journey home. Only problem is where I launched from was near the tree line. It came back and started descending VERY close to some of the tall trees. I'm guessing it came within 3-5 feet of the branches. On its way back I tried rebooting the app, but that didn't help. With a ton of luck it came down about 10 ft from where it took off and landed in sand.

After cleaning out my shorts, I noticed that the RC was off. I had not turned it off. So, this appears to be the same issue others have reported.

From this experience I have learned some very important things. NEVER launch from an area that has any obstructions above it. And a clear area of about 20 ft radius. This is the first time I have ever lost contact with the AC to the point that RTH we enacted. One good thing to note is if the AC is higher than you RTH safe height it will stay at that height. Only by luck was I much higher at the time the RC turned it self off. If I had lowered into the area I was flying because there were no trees there, I would for sure lost my Inspire to the trees, as I did NOT set the safe height higher than the trees in the area. From now on I will always ensure it is set probably to 120ft.

Also, keep in mind about the issue with the RC turning itself off. If I had thought at the time of panic to check that I probably could have saved from the scare buy re-establishing a connection. This just happened so fast, I panicked.

I'm actually thinking of not flying again until DJI released a newer firmware that fixes this issue. There is too much at risk to have something randomly just turn itself off while the AC is in the air and in operation.

Last edited:
Sorry if this issues has been reported before. It has to do with the RC turning itself. I'm reporting what happened to me for reference. Continue to read only if you care to see what happened in my experience.

Ok, so I flew today a very short flight at my house after installing 1.1.0 of the Android app. Had issues getting a good video connection but after the third power cycle and removing and reinserting the camera a few times I was able to get a decent connection. I flew just a few minutes then went to the beach to get the sunset. This is where things got INTERESTING....

Started with a fresh battery launched and flew for about 4-5 minutes. Went up to about 250 ft and flew over some trees and about 500ft away. All of a sudden I lost signal. I figured it was just the video as this is what has happened several times before. I figured no big deal, I'll just fly her back. But this time I had no control. the AC started to journey home. Only problem is where I launched from was near the tree line. It came back and started descending VERY close to some of the tall trees. I'm guessing it came within 3-5 feet of the branches. On its way back I tried rebooting the app, but that didn't help. With a ton of luck it came down about 10 ft from where it took off and landed in sand.

After cleaning out my shorts, I noticed that the RC was off. I had not turned it off. So, this appears to be the same issue others have reported.

From this experience I have learned some very important things. NEVER launch from an area that has any obstructions above it. And a clear area of about 20 ft radius. This is the first time I have ever lost contact with the AC to the point that RTH we enacted. One good thing to note is if the AC is higher than you RTH safe height it will stay at that height. Only by luck was I much higher at the time the RC turned it self off. If I had lowered into the area I was flying because there were no trees there, I would for sure lost my Inspire to the trees, as I did NOT set the safe height higher than the trees in the area. From now on I will always ensure it is set probably to 120ft.

Also, keep in mind about the issue with the RC turning itself off. If I had thought at the time of panic to check that I probably could have saved from the scare buy re-establishing a connection. This just happened so fast, I panicked.

I'm actually thinking of not flying again until DJI released a newer firmware that fixes this issue. There is too much at risk to have something randomly just turn itself off while the AC is in the air and in operation.

Thanks Jim,

This particular issue (RC turning off) is already reported to DJI but as yet nothing back from them.

RC turning off

That's real helpful!? Come on DJI, you can and have to do better.

On a separate note, I was flying to day with my mate with his P2, he uses fat shark antennas including the Immersion Spironet Patch antenna on a black pearl and a RC immersion 600mW TX and when we stood close to each other (less than 5mtrs) while both flying I lost RC signal, had to switch to ATTI mode and move to more than 5m away, no problem then.

Nvidia Shield on Slave, Samsung S 10.5 on Master

Unlocking the Map from "North Up" (tapping the Compass icon) the map swings around sideways to the direction We're facing.

I will keep a watch out
Compass error, compass error then rc shut off rth activated. I think this firmware update made things possibley worst. Its like im back to when i first purchasef this bird. The compass error bug is not as frequent but really aggressive again. If you cant fly in atti then shelf it. Don't panic

That's real helpful!? Come on DJI, you can and have to do better.

On a separate note, I was flying to day with my mate with his P2, he uses fat shark antennas including the Immersion Spironet Patch antenna on a black pearl and a RC immersion 600mW TX and when we stood close to each other (less than 5mtrs) while both flying I lost RC signal, had to switch to ATTI mode and move to more than 5m away, no problem then.

Fixed in today's firmware release I believe. Release Note item #5)

Just received my Inspire yesterday. Today I updated the firmware and downloaded the most recent pilot app (v1.1.0). There is a problem I am experiencing that may or may not be a firmware bug, or a pilot app bug. Here is the problem: I assigned C2 to "switch gimbal mode". However, when I press the button, the gimbal mode does not change. It is always tilt. On startup, the gimbal does its little dance OK, and I can yaw and tilt the camera with the finger press (the blue circle on the screen). I am not sure this is a hardware problem since the machine is new or a bug like I suspect. Can someone else verify? I am running on android device.

Just received my Inspire yesterday. Today I updated the firmware and downloaded the most recent pilot app (v1.1.0). There is a problem I am experiencing that may or may not be a firmware bug, or a pilot app bug. Here is the problem: I assigned C2 to "switch gimbal mode". However, when I press the button, the gimbal mode does not change. It is always tilt. On startup, the gimbal does its little dance OK, and I can yaw and tilt the camera with the finger press (the blue circle on the screen). I am not sure this is a hardware problem since the machine is new or a bug like I suspect. Can someone else verify? I am running on android device.

Remap both buttons to another function, then close the app and power everything down.

Then fire up the Remote, then App and lastly Inspire. Then remap the buttons to the functions you want.

It should then work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla