Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread

Did more testing today. The resetting of the home point to the controller worked on both my Samsung Tab S8.4 and my Galaxy S4. I changed the location of my home point a number of times and each time after I selected RTH, the chopper landed in its new location. A friend I was flying with tried the same thing on his IOS unit (IPAD Mini I think) and he too was able to re-select the home point.

Did more testing today. The resetting of the home point to the controller worked on both my Samsung Tab S8.4 and my Galaxy S4. I changed the location of my home point a number of times and each time after I selected RTH, the chopper landed in its new location. A friend I was flying with tried the same thing on his IOS unit (IPAD Mini I think) and he too was able to re-select the home point.
I'm using an Ipad Air 2 w/o GPS and every time I try to set the home point to the RC location I get the error message, that GPS signal is to weak.

Okay so today, I had an issue where the video dropped out, the whole app basically said disconnected, no video, still had control of the ac. I think this is the same problem I had on the previous fw and app version, had this happen twice on the same battery within seconds of each other. Not a big deal or anything but not sure if others are still having this issue.
I had the exact same thing happen to me this past weekend...lasted less than 10 seconds, and has not repeated. It was within 2 mins of takeoff, and on a fully charged TB48.

Okay so today, I had an issue where the video dropped out, the whole app basically said disconnected, no video, still had control of the ac. I think this is the same problem I had on the previous fw and app version, had this happen twice on the same battery within seconds of each other. Not a big deal or anything but not sure if others are still having this issue.

Mine does the same thing on iOS ! Sometimes it does it all day then the next its doesn't. sometimes it goes for days without a glitch then unexplainably ill lose video and disconnect constantly for days?

"...I had an issue yesterday (after upgrading and flying for the first time) where the app lost signal, I didn't lose control of the aircraft, the app didn't crash but just experienced a loss of signal (video cut out and displayed "signal disconnect" app was still open though) I've never had this happen prior to upgrading..."

=======
I assume you are using the AUTO mode for channel selection for your LightBridge? This can be set to manual or auto, and it is NOT hard to end up on a channel that drops, based on other radio traffic, proximity to radio/Cell towers, Radars, etc.

You can switch beck and forth between auto and any channel selection.See your manual or the excellent DJI Pilot App videos.

I don't know if this is a fw issue but i write it here anyway.
I have problem with camera Yaw , i don't think it was like that in the previous fw.
The camera does not point straight forward it points one or two clicks right.
it is not much so you don't see it until you do a forward flight and realizes you don't fly forward,

I think I've seen this with compass errors. The first thing I'd do is to make sure the quad is on LEVEL ground, and restart it. See if this doesn't clear it up?

Good luck.

I think I've seen this with compass errors. The first thing I'd do is to make sure the quad is on LEVEL ground, and restart it. See if this doesn't clear it up?

Good luck.

I thought it was compass error to, i have recalibrated and started it on flat surfaces with no success

Don't know if anybody else has reported this anywhere but since my firmware update I am unable to see thumbnail previews of the shots I take. These are all .DNG files. Was able to preview them the day before and not now. Anybody got any ideas. I am running a Mac 27" The first pic is showing the preview in Finder one day.

The second pic is showing my Finder view from the next days flightView attachment 1230

Now from the very next day

View attachment 1231

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks guys
In finder, control click on a file and select "open with". Then select "preview". If that does not work, look for an updated DNG plug in for your Mac. It's at the Adobe site

Last edited:
Well after I was told by DJI Service Center in the USA, that it would be 6 weeks until they could troubleshoot and reflash my Inspire after the 1.2.1.0 firmware failed to install correctly, I went and purchased a 2nd Inspire. The 2nd bird came with firmware 16, so I had to try and install the latest firmware again. As I did exactly on my first bird, I followed all the recommended procedures and this time, the firmware completed install with success! At least I have something to fly over the next 6 weeks.
One thing I noticed after installing the 1.2.1.0 firmware on the 2nd bird, is that when flying in forward direction at relatively fast speeds, the altitude begins to drop steadily. This is with my left stick sitting completely at the center and never touching it. It is very consistent and will drop about 10 ft. over the distance of about 50 yards. I keep having to give it throttle up corrections to keep it in level flight. Has anyone else seen this or is it just the natural behavior of the Inspire 1? Everything else seems to be working great with the 2nd bird.
This is normal if you then stop your fast forward flight, the altitude is regained. As you pitch forward sharply, it's natural to expect a slight loss of altitude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa