Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fying in Germany

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have my PFAW and public liability insurance in the uk. I have been asked to do a Job flying in germany and was wondering if anyone knows if the CAA PFAW will be enough for me to get permission to fly in germany? I.e I wont need to gain a license from garman aviation authority?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Hi guys

I have my PFAW and public liability insurance in the uk. I have been asked to do a Job flying in germany and was wondering if anyone knows if the CAA PFAW will be enough for me to get permission to fly in germany? I.e I wont need to gain a license from garman aviation authority?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Quick answer - NO.
UK PFAW is not recognised/valid in any other country.
Also, unless you have European cover/extension, your insurance will also not cover you while doing commercial work abroad.
Permits wise (the last time I checked) you will need a permit from the German Aviation Authority and unless you are a German resident you won't get one.

Ah, ok.

If I were to be able to gain a permit for flying there, do you know the procedure for transporting lipo batteries now? Am I right in thinking I can take any amount of discharged TB47 batteries in carry on and a max of 2 TB48 batteries per passenger?

Ah, ok.

If I were to be able to gain a permit for flying there, do you know the procedure for transporting lipo batteries now? Am I right in thinking I can take any amount of discharged TB47 batteries in carry on and a max of 2 TB48 batteries per passenger?
Unless you are German.....and reside within the country..... you wont.
But to answer your question, yes....TB47's as many as you like. TB48's max of two per passenger. Must be in carry on, should have terminals taped up and preferably in a lipo fire bag.
Also, not discharged - Storage charge of 3.86v per cell is far more stable/less volatile condition to have a lipo pack in.

Reactions: acoop2901
Can someone elaborate whether I need a license to fly in Germany as a tourist for private non-commercial use?

Editor: Is fully charged transport not recommended either? I usually fly with my lipos at ~50% charge.

Can someone elaborate whether I need a license to fly in Germany as a tourist for private non-commercial use?

Editor: Is fully charged transport not recommended either? I usually fly with my lipos at ~50% charge.

Yup - see my post two above (#4) - 50% charge is best so circa 3.86v per cell (with the usual precautions of tape over terminals and fire proof bag etc)
Carried this way, TSA/Airport security should have no issues.

Yup - see my post two above (#4) - 50% charge is best so circa 3.86v per cell (with the usual precautions of tape over terminals and fire proof bag etc)
Carried this way, TSA/Airport security should have no issues.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a list of country regulations for private and commercial flying anywhere on this forum? I saw a thread started by a member from Brazil to this effect but nobody contributed. I think it wouldn't be too difficult since we have members from all over the world to crowdsource this information.

Reactions: Farlap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime