Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gen 3 iPad issues...

Reaction score
Hey doods!

For a couple years I have been using a Gen 1 Air 1 and Gen 2 Air Pro iPad 9.7" WiFi versions with great success. Some recent work prompted me too purchased a larger 12.9" Gen 3 Air Pro. All things being equal, the Gen 3 is sucking hind tit. Specifically, the video feed is horrible. I can tell that the connection between the iPad and the RC is less than stellar, as it seems to take the Gen 3 longer to "discover" the RC. I've only tested this on my Inspire 1, not my Mavic Pro or P4P yet.

All Go App versions are the same across all 3 platforms: v3.1.1

Both my older iPads are running iOS 12.1.xx. The Gen 3 iPad shipped with iOS 12.3.xx.

I have tried several cables from McDodo and Anker with no change in results.

Keep in mind that the Gen 3 now dons the USB Type C connector. The older iPads use the Thunderbolt connector.

Anyone having similar experience?

UPDATE: So I've had a chance to test the Gen 3 iPad with my P4P (Go4 App) and that seems to be working well. I've also tested both the Go App and the Go4 App with my Mavic Pro, and both apps are working well. So this seems to be specific to my Inspire 1. The final test will be with the M600 Pro. The M600 Pro is really the entire reason I purchased the Gen3 iPad. Unfortunately, I won't get to test this for a few days. I'll report my findings here.

D

Last edited:
The iPad 3 worked with my MP but not with my Inspire 1v2. The video feed was very bad on the inspirer. I bought a iPad 4 and it works great. The 4 has A better chip than the 3.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
The iPad 3 worked with my MP but not with my Inspire 1v2. The video feed was very bad on the inspirer. I bought a iPad 4 and it works great. The 4 has A better chip than the 3.

I got to try the Gen 3 on my Mavic Pro this morning and I got the same results you did. The Gen 3 works perfectly with not only my Mavic Pro, but my P4P, as well.

D

Reactions: oldcomputech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc